M&K KX10 Subwoofer broken?

devo18uk1

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys,

The title says it all really. The sub appears to not be working. The power light doesn't come on when I switch it on so my first step is going to be to change the fuse in the plug. If that doesn't work, any ideas what it could be?

Thanks in advance.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It might be worth checking to see if there is any fuse that can be changed in the backplate. If not, unscrew the backplate and see if there are any on the board. If you get no joy, e-mail Ken Kreisel at kkreisel@kreiselsound.com, he may have the answers for you.

:)

Chewy

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
M&K as a company don't exist anymore, MKSound did buy the rights to continue manufacturing M&K products, but I'm not sure they took on M&K's warranty liabilities.

I don't fancy your chances with a warranty claim, but if you don't manage to fix yourself, you could try MKSound to see if they will honour the warranty.

devo18uk1 said:
Cheers for that David. Would this be the best person to contact about it's warranty as it's JUST still in it's 5 year warranty?

The best person to contact first would be your retailer, where you bought the subwoofer from. Also, make sure you also send an email (not just telephonic conversation) so you have proof that you contacted your retailer before the warranty expired.

devo18uk1

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Couple of issues have arisen. I have taken the back off of the sub to see if I could replace the fuse which is a T2A/250v fuse. When I got in there, I might as well have been trying to read Chinese. I would attach a photo to see if anyone could help, but it doesn't look like I can do that.

Big Boss, I found the receipt from SSAV who only provided a 24 month warranty with the purchase even though M&K have a 5 year warranty, so I think I might be going down a dead end with that one as I bought it in September 2007, although I'll enquire all the same.

I will try and contact MK Sound and see if they have taken on M&K's warranties, if not, can anybody recommend a repair service in the Birmingham area?

Thanks again.

devo18uk1

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I have managed to find out that I can get it repaired under warranty apart from one minor issue, I don't have the original packaging.

I have the receipt for proof of purchase, so to me this sounds like a crock!

Anybody heard of anything like this before?

TRENDING THREADS