M DAC vs Apple tv 3

kld05

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi I have a Audio lab Mdac on home demo. I listen to music to alot of my music via spotify streaming by applt tv 3 to roksan K2 amp, the sound is great but for one reason or another i decided that a £600 M DAC might be a vast inprovement in SQ. However playing music via the Apple tv blows away the MDAC.I'm I missing somthing here apple tv cost £89 vs MDAC cost £600 the apple SQ comes out tops.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the newish equipment that comes from the computer world where normal hifi BS means nought. Amazing isn't it that a highly profit conscious company can give consumers such a good product for so little money. Funny that hifi companies don't do the same.

You are not missing anything at all. It is, or at least should be, the new reality.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
John Duncan said:
I don't understand. An apple TV doesn't have an audio output any more.

apple-appletv12-rear-lg.jpg

A mere detail.

Apple hater :)

andrew_cawood

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
There's definitely something between your atv and your amp that your not telling us about. Whatever that is, is the point of comparison with the mdac.

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
I have attempted several times to ask this question yet no one can come up with a answer if a dac improves sound than coming through the dac of your TV, has no one really put a dac in between there apple tv and amp?

TRENDING THREADS