M/A RX6 Demo Organised

josh05

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello, went into my local hifi dealer on friday and had a good 2 hour listen to the Q Accoustics 2050 with my C355BEE as they are the only floorstanders they have in stock [:S]. Was very impressed with the imaging, accuracy and soundstage compared to my bose, without a doubt they are quite a step up from what i have, but cant say that the difference in detail levels and dynamics was a lot better although should mention that the Q Accoustics had only had about 7 hours of total use. Anyway i called a dealer in another state who had both the Q Accoustics and M/A RX6's on there website, the dealer assured me that the M/A's are far ahead of the Q Accoustics in everyway and at that price point for people who listen to a lot of different music they are his first recomendation, I also asked him his opinion on whether the B&W CM7 was as good as the M/A's, he said very similar the B&Ws are more clinical and brighter but also around a thousand dollars more expensive and in his opinion he prefered the sound of the M/A's. So he has offered to freight a set of M/A's over for me to try, and if i dont like them i'm welcome to send them back and exchange or get a refund [:)]. anyway was wondering if anyone has heard both the M/A's and the Q Accoustics and could also reassure me that the M/A's are a lot better lol, i'm looking forward to the demo but i'm a little worried.

Should also mention i'm not looking at the Spendor A5s now as they are a little expensive for me, also i'm pretty confident i will end up keeping the M/A's, I know i probably should demo the B&Ws but i'm starting to think even if i did like the sound of them a bit more the extra thousand dollars wouldnt be worth it.

Thanks guys [:)]

A

Anonymous

The Monitor Audio RX series are ace........in my opinion the RX6's wipe the floor with the Q Acoustics.the dealer is right ..They are amazing speakers,

In fact the whole RX series are bang on..................I don't think you will end up sending the MA's anywhere once youv'e got hold of a pair.

I am sure Dan or one of the other forum owners will confirm that your decision is a good one...

D

A

Anonymous

i wont comment too much on the sound , im very new to hifi , and have not compared many speakers , but they sound fantastic to me ..

also , the build quality is amazing for the money , these rx6s really are beautifully made , and feel like they will last forever ..

josh05

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys, i'm also pretty new to hifi max, i've read a lot of your posts and learnt a lot from the questions you have asked
emotion-1.gif
, dave i'm eagerly awaiting what dan has too say as he has helped me out a lot with choosing speakers
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

hi josh , you must know i bought without a demo then
emotion-10.gif

but , having had the br5s , i felt sure id love the rx6s , and i do ..

yes dan is the man (no rhyme intended) to answer any rx6 questions , as you may know , he demoed extensively before settling on them , and id say he knows a good speaker , which makes me even prouder of mine
emotion-11.gif

josh05

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
At the price you got them Max i think it was defiently worth you getting them, after all being the next model up in the range they were an obvious upgrade at a good price
emotion-1.gif
I would have done the same thing if i was you, i'm finding if the funds are there its hard too fight upgradeitis lol. I love the sound of my turntable but it hasnt stopped me from ordering a cork mat for it and now i'm thinking about a new cartridge
emotion-10.gif

And yes its very reasurring getting advice from dan because he defiently knows what he's talking about, and the fact that he demoed so many different combinations when he was putting his system together. His advice has made me confident that i'm going to have one of the best combinations out there for the money
emotion-2.gif

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Josh...

The Q Acoustics are good speakers BUT no; theyre not in the same league as the M/A RX6's and youll soon see/hear that when you receive them

Give the RX6's about 24-48hours for them to start to run in and youll hear why theyre so good
emotion-1.gif

The Q Acoustic 2050s are lovely speakers and really well finished; heard these with the Rotel RA04SE and they sounded great but they dont have the soundstage or the clarity and timing that the RX6's do.

Plus that fact thaty youve got a NAD C355BEE; it'll drive the RX6's with ease and theyll really sing!

Let us know how you get on
emotion-5.gif

josh05

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks heaps Dan! i'm very much looking forward to getting them, i really dont think they will be going anywhere once i get them
emotion-1.gif

Was wondering whether you tryed both copper and silver speaker wire with your NAD/M/A system, would really appreciate if you could shed some light on the differences between them?

Thanks again for all the advice
emotion-1.gif

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
josh05:
Thanks heaps Dan! i'm very much looking forward to getting them, i really dont think they will be going anywhere once i get them
emotion-1.gif

Was wondering whether you tryed both copper and silver speaker wire with your NAD/M/A system, would really appreciate if you could shed some light on the differences between them?

Thanks again for all the advice
emotion-1.gif

Hi Josh

Well I demo'd the system with the QED Revelation speaker cable I've got now and it sounded great so that's what made me settle on both. I have just ordered some Chord Carnival Silverscreen to msee if that makes any difference to the soundstage so as soon as I receive it and get it plugged in I'll let you know
emotion-5.gif

I've had the Chord Carnival Silverscreen cable before when I had my old M/A RS6's and my Arcam Alpha 10 integrated amp and it sounded superb then but the RS6's tweeter was rennownd for sounding a little forward so the copper of the Chord cable calmed that down a bit.

TRENDING THREADS