dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
SteveR750 said:
Anyone any experience of these?

Wow. These are very good indeed, and I've not even experimented with the various filter options yet. Deep agile bass, much faster than the B&O plays I've got and obviously much more forceful than the DT880s. 16 ohm + 120dB/W sensitivity means hearing damage is there if you wish to take it, even without the notorious LG megawatt amp kicking in. It's a big wide soundstsge fir an iem, these are way better than the sennheiser IE80 and the Klipsch by some margin. More open, sparkly but kit harsh and detail like you'd get on an architects drawings... Possibly the next best value purcgsee after the two Sonos 5s.

I usually follow just the headfonia IEM reviews, as they have the highest ratio of information per page on the subject. But they didn't have this one. The better IEMs that I have had, I've had to EQ down some in the treble, just to get a more natural sound. But the thing you're probably looking for the most is authentic musical tone, and when you have that, you're 95 percent of the way there. Post any more reactions you have to this one.

SteveR750

SteveR750 said:
Anyone any experience of these?
Wow. These are very good indeed, and I've not even experimented with the various filter options yet. Deep agile bass, much faster than the B&O plays I've got and obviously much more forceful than the DT880s. 16 ohm + 120dB/W sensitivity means hearing damage is there if you wish to take it, even without the notorious LG megawatt amp kicking in. It's a big wide soundstsge for an iem, these are way better than the sennheiser IE80 and the Klipsch by some margin. More open, sparkly but not harsh, and detail like you'd get on an architects drawings... Possibly the next best value purchase after the two Sonos 5s.

SteveR750

Here you go Dale, it was Berkan's review that helpd make my mind up. I cannot find a bad review anywhere. Well over 300 pages on Head-fi, but most of that of course if fluff, but very few if any critiscisms for the price that I could find.

https://www.headfonia.com/review-lz-a4/

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
Here you go Dale, it was Berkan's review that helpd make my mind up. I cannot find a bad review anywhere. Well over 300 pages on Head-fi, but most of that of course if fluff, but very few if any critiscisms for the price that I could find.

How about that! I looked for that review at headfonia and missed it! I didn't realize it had all those filter combinations - you wouldn't need any equalization then.

SteveR750

dalethorn said:
SteveR750 said:

How about that!  I looked for that review at headfonia and missed it!  I didn't realize it had all those filter combinations - you wouldn't need any equalization then.

No you don't! I've tried a few combinations, but it's time consuming as changing the front filter also changes the influence of the front. Ideally you'd need to test every combination to find the ideal pairing. I tried using a chart from a head fi user but you can't simply pick your lower frequency point and upper and expect it to work. In that respect they're a great example of just how complicated perception of sound, and manipulating it is!

I've used them a lot in last couple of days and whilst Berkan's review focuses on their bass strength, I think it's the sheer detail they present. In this respect they are significantly better than my DT880s.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts