LS3/5a - What do we think?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
For the ever dedicated audiophile, the re-introduction (and re-vamp) of the iconic ls3/5a is rather welcome. But can Roger's new ls3/5a really deliver the goods in the world of MP3, MF Superchargers and Rhyanna?

A

Anonymous

I should think so. I've known these little BBC style dears. I had an opportunity to buy some 1980'sish vintage ones and didn't take it up, regrets...

The classics always sound good, provided they're updated with the latest materials and manufacturing techniques. Just look at Harbeth, I think those monitors are just divine.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="raypalmer"]Just look at Harbeth, I think those monitors are just divine.[/quote]

Can the Spendor S3/5Rs do the same tricks? Or has the loosely based SA1 proven a modern alternative can work?

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
I personally love the sound of Rogers speakers. So beautifully warm sounding. Not seen or heard these re-vamps yet but I do have a pair of the AB33/LS33 which give a scintilating perfomance.

A

Anonymous

Ahhh, had a pair of LS7's for years, upgraded the crossovers, found nothing to touch them on vocals/midrange.
Those were the days!

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
some examples command such high prices i wonder now if they'll go down in price on the second hand market. lovely speakers though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts