admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone...totally newbie here!

Splashed out on a Linn Sondek LP12 the other day.Amazing deck but my rubbish Gooodmans amp and 1985 Gale speakers are an embarrassement. Although i can still appreciate the superior sound and quality of the deck...my question is what do i get to compliment this amazing deck?

Amp/speakers? Theres so much out there i do not know where to start....I must admit if i spend to much more my wife will ahve kittens!!!! so its a bit hush hush.....
smiley-embarassed.gif
However needs must..

Thanks

Rob

A

Anonymous

Rega amp/speakers...ok i'll look into these..many thanks
smiley-laughing.gif

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
dont worry about your speakers, just change your amp, an Audiolab 8000A will do the trick, about £100.00 from ebay, it has a great inbuilt phono stage and will do your deck and speakers justice, Gale speakers from the 80's are not to be sniffed at they were, are good, if you have to buy new maybe a phono stage would be a better bet, the Azur range from Cambridge is very good as is the Project phono stage at about 80 quid, i agree the amp is letting the side down but spending lots on another amp will not bring benefits, good as Rega are and i've owned them you're talking a lot of money, i have owned the Linn as well and only give advice on stuff i have used and owned but keep your speakers you may well be suprised how good they are with a better amp or phono stage, depending on your goodmans amp a phono stage is not a bad idea but if it is really bad then a differnt amp is maybe the way to go, Rega is a great amp and if i believe right they have dropped their price so not a bad idea to check them out but i still believe the Audiolab is the way to go, good luck.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
gregory said:
dont worry about your speakers, just change your amp, an Audiolab 8000A will do the trick, about £100.00 from ebay, it has a great inbuilt phono stage and will do your deck and speakers justice, Gale speakers from the 80's are not to be sniffed at they were, are good, if you have to buy new maybe a phono stage would be a better bet, the Azur range from Cambridge is very good as is the Project phono stage at about 80 quid, i agree the amp is letting the side down but spending lots on another amp will not bring benefits, good as Rega are and i've owned them you're talking a lot of money, i have owned the Linn as well and only give advice on stuff i have used and owned but keep your speakers you may well be suprised how good they are with a better amp or phono stage, depending on your goodmans amp a phono stage is not a bad idea but if it is really bad then a differnt amp is maybe the way to go, Rega is a great amp and if i believe right they have dropped their price so not a bad idea to check them out but i still believe the Audiolab is the way to go, good luck.

I had an 8000A with Gale 301s, very open revealing sound very enjoyable. I intend to fetch my Gale's out of the loft this weekend and give them a good listen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts