Loudspeaker for Electrocompaniet set

sriracha

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Dear Guys,

I've just got a set of Electrocompaniet from my friend: EMC1UP-cd, EC4.8-pre, AW250R-pwr. My next job is to find a pair of loudspeaker which my choice come to Sonus Faber Elipsa and Harbeth Monitor 40.1. My music types are vocal, soft rock, bossanova.

If anyone has experience with the above combination, please advise me. Other comment is also very welcome.

Thank you and best regards,
Sriracha

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi Sriracha,

You must try some speakers from PMC ( Professional monitor company ) , from the price range of the speakers you have listed I would think the PMC IB2i or if you can increase your budget a bit the MB2i .

As you can see from my signature I use Electrocompaniet an EMC1 UP with spider clamp ,EC4.7 and AW120 DMB and PMC PB1i speakers and I can tell you it is a match made in heaven :exmark:

The EMC1 UP is in IMO one of the best sounding Cd players in the world and again the EC 4.8 / AW250 is up there with the best and if you add PMC to this mix it is really quite special a lot more than the sum of the parts .

I am sorry if I sound a little overenthusiastic but you are the first person I have spoken to that has a similar system to mine and I would not want you to miss out on this fantastic combination .

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Not the same range. The ones mentioned are richer and, in my opinion, slightly bass heavy, which makes me think PMC wouldn't necessarily be the best match. As mentioned, Harbeth would be a good pick, as to my ears, though not as bassy, it's pretty neutral across the range. You'd expect that, given its antecedents (my word for the day).

I may be wrong, but I think the Electrocompaniets in question are Class A.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
altruistic.lemon said:
Not the same range. The ones mentioned are richer and, in my opinion, slightly bass heavy, which makes me think PMC wouldn't necessarily be the best match. As mentioned, Harbeth would be a good pick, as to my ears, though not as bassy, it's pretty neutral across the range. You'd expect that, given its antecedents (my word for the day).

I may be wrong, but I think the Electrocompaniets in question are Class A.

It is true the prelude range is slightly lighter in the bass region but they still retain most of the Electrocompaniet qualities .

The classic range that my AW120 falls under and the OP's AW 250 are capable of extremely deep and powerful bass reproduction down to DC because the design is DC coupled and they are capable of massive current delivery.

But when you combine this capability with a speaker like PMC that is able to reproduce deep bass with far less distortion than most sealed or ported speakers the effect is astonishing , bass instruments are reproduced in a much more lifelike fashion with a realistic pressure wave effect from large drums and other deep bass instruments that does not interfere, distort or overwhelm the mid or top frequencies .

They are not pure Class A but are in fact class AB but are biased so that they work in class A almost all the time except under extreme conditions .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts