Loud music sounds soft,not LOUD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Why do you feel the need to use these attentuators?

Edit re read and they are from computer, i thought cd player.

In a way i do agree with blacksabbath25. I know you are limited with space but your speakers are budget (as are mine) but i don't think you will ever be satisfied until you get something with more soundstage/kick.Are you are on the third set of relative respected but small speakers​ in the last year that i can remember, but your amp could drive much more powerful ones.

Have you any way to move things around and maybe save and get more substantial speakers, it is likely that this is the only way you'll get the sound quality you desire

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
gasolin said:
Vladimir said:
gasolin said:
Vladimir said:
In the specs 86.5dB sensitivity (1w @ 1m), 6 Ohms nominal. That would be something like 85db at 8 ohms 1w@1m. They are inefficient and smooth (no audible breakup and resonances).

Have seen the emit 20 rated at 86 db only having according to a german magazine 83.3 db and a pair of Klipsch RB-15 only having a sensitivity of 90 db although rated at 93 db (stereophile)

They are rated between 6 and down to 4.4 ohm as the lowest

Never hear distortion unless it's some cray bad a.. recording on youtube or metallica,bruno mars... so i don't playing to loud (no amp distortion)

It's all good. They are just low efficiency like most small speakers.

My Q acoustics 3020 sounded louder

They are 88db.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
gasolin said:
Vladimir said:
In the specs 86.5dB sensitivity (1w @ 1m), 6 Ohms nominal. That would be something like 85db at 8 ohms 1w@1m. They are inefficient and smooth (no audible breakup and resonances).

Have seen the emit 20 rated at 86 db only having according to a german magazine 83.3 db and a pair of Klipsch RB-15 only having a sensitivity of 90 db although rated at 93 db (stereophile)

Never hear distortion unless it's some cray bad a.. recording on youtube or metallica,bruno mars... so i don't playing to loud (no amp distortion)
I bought a Bruno Mars album, can't even remember which one. One of the worse compressed and thin sounding. Horrible.

My system sounds far better at higher volume. Even cleaner and richer. I think all good systems do. ☺smiles

gasolin

Vladimir said:
gasolin said:
Vladimir said:
gasolin said:
Vladimir said:

They are 88db.

3 db i twice as loud and most people perceive 10 db as twice as loud

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Vladimir said:
gasolin said:
Vladimir said:
gasolin said:
Vladimir said:

They are 88db.

I'd be very surprised if they are.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
drummerman said:
Vladimir said:
gasolin said:
Vladimir said:
gasolin said:
Vladimir said:

They are 88db.

I'd be very surprised if they are.

Me too, but I'm guessing they have ~3db more efficiency than the LX-2s, which would explain why they went louder for the OP.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts