Lots of Questions

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
OK I have quite a few things I would like to know about my current HiFi.

Firstly what rating did the Marantz PM4400 get as I have been wondering if it would be worth replacing it with a Cambridge Audio A5 at some point. Would this be worth doing? I want the amp to sound powerful and have good bass.

Secondly I would like to replace my CD player and this is high on my list of things to change...My max buget would probably be around £150 I quite like the look of the Marantz 5001, Cambridge Audio 340C and possibly a Cambridge CD5. My current CD player is an Accoustic Solutions which is a bit cheap and nasty. I want a warm sounding CD player that will sort out my problems with the treble and will make the sound clearer.

Finally I've been thinking about getting a sub. What rating did the Mordaunt 308 get as I quite like the look of this? The sub would be used with my Wharfedale Diamond 8.1's and it would be used just for music not films. What is the best way to wire a sub up? Should I wire it like a normal speaker? Or should I use the tape loops? I'd have around £150 to spend on the sub.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
1. Marantz PM4400 and CA A5 is not a big upgrade if at all depending on what would you choose for the rest of your system.

2. Accoustic solution surprised many people when they first came out as for the price they are a bit of a bargain. I think I would choose the marantz 5001 from your list.

3. I don't like sub with music but I am sure they are many people are using it with their system.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the help the main reason for changing my amp is because I think my current one struggles to drive my speakers at loud volumes. Thanks for the help on the CD player but isn't the Marantz meant to be very bright and lively?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="alexrider"] Marantz meant to be very bright and lively?[/quote]

Marantz house sound, to me, always been smooth and easy on the ears.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the help I will probably swing towards the Marantz then as it is cheaper than the Cambridge. Has anyone got any advice on the sub?

And is it worth paying extra for the 5001OSE if you can still buy that?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts