Lord of the Rings Trilogy Blu Ray £34.99 Delivered

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Another review here. It the U.S. version though. Maybe the U.K. version Empire reviewed is slightly different. Might be an idea to check out the U.K.s sound format. It looks like the U.S. has DTS-HD MA 6.1. It might have some bearing on the people with 7.1 setups.

LINK REMOVED BY MODS

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
NSYGrinner:Another review here. It the U.S. version though. Maybe the U.K. version Empire reviewed is slightly different. Might be an idea to check out the U.K.s sound format. It looks like the U.S. has DTS-HD MA 6.1. It might have some bearing on the people with 7.1 setups.

I'm pretty sure the Empire review mentioned it was DTS-MA 6.1.

I really should have bought the magazine instead of just flicking through it in the supermarket...

D

Deleted member 2457

I popped into blockbuster to look at blu rays and they have the lord of the rings boxes in anticipation of the release and on the back of the boxes it says DTS HD master audio 6.1 ES.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
The High-Def digest review came out this week, the main issues seem to be with Fellowship as far as video goes, Two Towers and Return of the King score better but they're still not perfect, a lot of the complaints seem to be due to the HD presentation causing the SFX to seem weak. I can't say I'm actually that surprised, I saw FOTR in Screen 1 at the Odean, Greenwich, which is a massive screen and you clearly see lines between the effects, when Gandalf visits Bilbo at the start there's a clear delination between the two halves of the screen that the characters occupy.

On the upside the films get 4.5, 4.5 and 5/5 for the audio, which is apparently nearly perfect, particularly ROTK.

I'm waiting until the extended editions, regardless however.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts