Looper BD - £12 in Sainsburys.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Spotted it while shopping.... Rather annoying as I'd only ordered it from Play.com at £16.99 earlier that day. |(

Cue me frantically trying to connect The Wife's HTC - stupidly left mine at home - to mobile internet, while trawling the aisles to see if I can cancel my order, to find that it's already "processing", so I can't..... :wall:

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Good film but IMO not so good that it needs to be bought and watched immediately, I'd wait until it's under £10. Also doesn't surprise me that it drags more on second watch, so maybe better as a rental.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Paul. said:
I think it was a good movie, but found it dragged quite a bit more on second veiwing...

Phew, you've just saved me £12.99 :)

(Mission: Impossibe Ghost Protocol Blu-ray is £8 at Sainsbury's; reckoned it'd be rude not to, so...)

EDIT: Well, that was a waste of £8: a 130-minute vainglorious Tom-fest built around gratuitous product/country placement.

New yardstick: if one's a fan of Bourne and Craig-era Bonds, Mission films now fall short?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Balls.

I was going to put "but the cupboard was all bare" on the second line but shelves made more sense, I just didn't check the syllables.

"Shel-ves"? No?

What about "But the shelving was all bare"?

A

Anonymous

Not a film I could watch twice, and it is cheaper to buy it once from Sky etc.

Waste of cash in my opinion - very few films are worth owning. Boxes of dvd's in the garage are a lesson we all learn...

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Just watched it as love film had sent it out at same time as girlfriend bought it for me we took it back yesterday and I am glad she did !

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I watched Looper in October at the cinema. It didn't help that it was really loud, even by my standards of playing Blu-Rays very loudly in all three of my rooms. And was the sound correctly balanced? There didn't seem to be much coming from the rear speakers. However, those may be faults of the cinema, rather than the film. Of the film itself, I didn't quite understand the plot, and the bits that I did understand, I didn't much like. No, I won't be buying the Blu-Ray even if it cost only 5p. And to reply to SAP7 - perhaps not many films are worth owning, but I'm pleased to have and repeatedly play most of the approximately 100 Blu-Rays and DVDs that I own, with the Blu-Ray of District 9 being a glaring exception.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts