Looks like the takeover is complete

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

thumbs_up.png

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
gel said:
There might be something about the takeover in the latest mag just released.

Why?

Anyway, as you said, you don’t even buy the magazine, so why do you care who owns it?
I don’t need to explain myself to the likes of you anyway, you’re nothing but a parasite to this website! And I have already bought 4 mags this year already too, so how unearth do you know what I have done and not done anyway...

D

Deleted member 2457

Yep, I am okay, thanks Chebby. Just get a bit stressed on here now and again at what some comments are getting at, not just you. Cheers for asking. Cool.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Well I admit I don't buy it. I originally stopped buying it because I got married and my priorities changed, plus it became too much about AV. Some 20 years after lapsing my subsciption, I've probably bought about five WHF magazines in that time. The last I bought had a review of one of the first BD players. (Anyone remember when that was?)

I bought WHF every month to keep an eye on new kit and emerging technologies, when I was 20-30 years younger and cared about those things more. These days, ( a ) I care quite a bit less, and (b) printed-magazines' draconian lead times vs the immediacy of the internet. If something exciting gets released today, I can probably find the first online reviews of it within 48 hours, not six weeks later.

Sadly, yet understandably, printed magazines with an emphasis on new tech reviews are going end up consigned to the history pile, by and large.

D

Deleted member 2457

MajorFubar said:
Well I admit I don't buy it. I originally stopped buying it because I got married and my priorities changed, plus it became too much about AV. Some 20 years after lapsing my subsciption, I've probably bought about five WHF magazines in that time. The last I bought had a review of one of the first BD players. (Anyone remember when that was?)

I bought WHF every month to keep an eye on new kit and emerging technologies, when I was 20-30 years younger and cared about those things more. These days, ( a ) I care quite a bit less, and (b) printed-magazines' draconian lead times vs the immediacy of the internet. If something exciting gets released today, I can probably find the first online reviews of it within 48 hours, not six weeks later.

Sadly, yet understandably, printed magazines with an emphasis on new tech reviews are going end up consigned to the history pile, by and large.
I think it was 2006/2007, I did a search for Samsung bd1000 but couldn’t find it on What HiFi reviews on Google. I am pretty sure that was the first Blu-ray player out, I remember seeing it on QVC too at £1000, and dreaming of one. I waited until WHF reviewed the Pioneer bdp-lx71 and bought on the back of that review at Richer Sounds and my still today Pioneer 81 amp bought on the back of WHF review, Pioneer could do no wrong in those days.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts