looking too upgrade my ca kit any advice please.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi all i,ve got cambridge 640 a audio amp @ cd player at the mo @ mordaunt short 904 speakers looking too sell on the old and upgrade the whole lot over thecourse of the year, i,m looking too get a bit at a time so have started looking at the different makes , i looking too spend around £300-£400 on each piece off kit. wheres best too start ? amp or speakers dont mind using ebay if theres some good deals on there i also need a rack as well also i listen too mostly rock music and a bit of folk @ country what kit would be best for me do you think ? as allways i appreciated your advice and imput on this thanks pete

A

Anonymous

i wouldnt use ebay for your electronics, but i would use it for a system rack! Soundstyle tends to go for a song on there. Audition your electronics prior to buying though.

A

Anonymous

clivej:i wouldnt use ebay for your electronics, but i would use it for a system rack! Soundstyle tends to go for a song on there. Audition your electronics prior to buying though.

thanks clive had a look on the bay and not many soundstyle racks on at the mo,what do you think about new kit?? thanks pete

A

Anonymous

anyone out there??? advice please
emotion-5.gif

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
is there anything you don't like about the sound of your current set-up? what type of sound are you after? what size room/speaker position? floorstanders or standmounts? a bit more info might help for suggestions.

i'm fairly confident you would be happy with a 2nd hand kandy L.lll amp, i used to have the same cdp and amp as you and the kandy is a huge step up, which could be had from e-bay for about £350.

i wouldn't buy speakers from ebay unless you have already heard and liked them first, the speakers really need to be demoed in your own room for you to be sure. there are some decent speakers available new for your budget, so maybe the local dealer will let you have them with the promise of your money back if you don't like them.

A

Anonymous

hi craig my set up just seems flat and not alot of detail the ca amp does not seem very responsive i do like floorstanders and front room is 5metersx 4 meters i was looking at cyrus but have not listened too anything but a mates set up yet .as for dealers been in a few and seem too push what best for them on you,(based on commission) and not what i,m after .thanks pete

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts