• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Looking to replace my 25+ yr old PYE Hi-Fi bits of it keep dying

PhilT

Jun 9, 2020
The market is flooded by old products and out of date reviews neither of which seem to have been created in the last year or so not even Which?

I would be very grateful some advice or recommendations please on a bit of kit that has
FM, DAB & DAB+ radio with preset capability
a CD player that can read mp3 CDs I've made,
usb port that can read mp3 fies on a stick
and that I could use bluetooth or wireless headphones with.
A remote control
A clear display that shows album and track names would be a deal breaker.
and decent sound

and anything else would just be a superflous plus. well overkill really I dont need it to connect to my phone and probably not the internet

I dont need a turntable or cassette player . I sold all of those when I was broke.

Budget.. up to £300 I think but we'll see what people suggest.

jjbomber

Dec 22, 2006
Best bet is Currys, who will have a range of JVC and Panasonic units that do most of that. Not many have a bluetooth output, so you may need something with a headphone output that you can attach a Bluetooth sender too.

prince albert

May 7, 2020
Best bet is Currys, who will have a range of JVC and Panasonic units that do most of that. Not many have a bluetooth output, so you may need something with a headphone output that you can attach a Bluetooth sender too.
Best bet for you would be a denon rcd 41

ClarkNovember

May 24, 2009
Do you have speakers already? If so the Denon mentioned above would be the obvious choice (although I don’t think it can output to Bluetooth headphones).

If speakers are required, that’s another set of products or the Denon plus some very cheap/end of line speakers.

jjbomber

Dec 22, 2006
denon dm41dab and some speakers , have s look on the richer sounds webpage.
They've taken the USB off the 41. Not sure if there are any of the old 40s out there.

Otherwise there is the Onkyo:

PhilT

Jun 9, 2020
Thanks for your replies everyone

The dm40 dab with the USB is still available @ £315

So i guess its that or the Onyko CS-265DAB @ £176

so the next question has to be

Does the differences between them (that me being ignorant can't really see) justify price difference?

Gray

Nov 27, 2015
The dm40 dab with the USB is still available @ £315
That price must include speakers Phil. Right?
All I can tell you is that I made my brother (also called Phil) buy a DM40.
His one came without speakers so I put some Kef's on it. Sounded good.
He uses the USB input to play FLAC files - think I'm right in saying that on the 41 they dropped the USB feature, so that model was probably no good for you anyway.
It's display, though bright / clear, is only a 2-line affair so that may be your deal breaker. There's also no Bluetooth.
Don't think you'd be disappointed with the sound though - subject to the choice of speakers - and I reckon it's good enough to drive some decent ones.

PhilT

Jun 9, 2020
Thank you once again for your response jjbomber

The Lemega does have what appears to be a much more informative screen

As a thought
Is it possible to porchase some kind of bluetooth dongle that I could plug into a music center that would enable it to communicate with other bluetooth devices?

PhilT

Jun 9, 2020
I now have more than enough food for thought.

thank you all jjbomber in particular for all your responses.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts