Looking for Some headphones

jk1988

Oct 3, 2008
Visit site
I am looking for some headphones I roughly want to spend £100-150 but will spend more if it's necesserary. They will be used mainly by my Sony Xperia Z but from time to time I will be using them on my Marantz 6004 cd/amp set up mainly listening to R&B HiP HoP but from time to time indie, 80's pop and soundtracks.. So my questions are which are the best out there? do I go for in ear or over ear? and will I need I need to get a headphone amplifier when being used with My Marantz if so which one?

Thanks

James Kelly.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
jk1988 said:
I am looking for some headphones I roughly want to spend £100-150 but will spend more if it's necesserary. They will be used mainly by my Sony Xperia Z but from time to time I will be using them on my Marantz 6004 cd/amp set up mainly listening to R&B HiP HoP but from time to time indie, 80's pop and soundtracks.. So my questions are which are the best out there? do I go for in ear or over ear? and will I need I need to get a headphone amplifier when being used with My Marantz if so which one? Thanks - James Kelly.

Look at this list, sorted by price. My favorite by far is the Beyer Custom One Pro, but you have to stretch a little..... (see my youtube review)

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/closed-back-headphones-ct-3_101.html?sort=3d

A

Anonymous

Couple of recommendations from me - quite a dark bassy sound for £50 - and well worth a shout/demo - AKG451s. Very small footprint (or is that earprint?), and;

WeSC Chambers by RZA Premium Headphone - super headphones reduced from RRP £249.99 to as low as £50 if you do a search around. Probably my favourite headphones ever. Superb detail. I'm using with an Aune X1 DAC/headphone amp and the combo is fantastic. Credit to quadpatch on here, who recommended them to me.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
jk1988 said:
I am looking for some headphones I roughly want to spend £100-150 but will spend more if it's necesserary. They will be used mainly by my Sony Xperia Z but from time to time I will be using them on my Marantz 6004 cd/amp set up mainly listening to R&B HiP HoP but from time to time indie, 80's pop and soundtracks.. So my questions are which are the best out there? do I go for in ear or over ear? and will I need I need to get a headphone amplifier when being used with My Marantz if so which one?

Thanks

James Kelly.

451's Brill tbh !

jk1988

Oct 3, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies they were two that I was looking at the akg's and the wesc but thought there were at the lower end of my budget so I think I will go and have a listen.

Thanks

jk1988

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts