Looking For Advice - Ruark R7 & Marantz

stanwardle

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for considering this post - I have a Ruark R7 which is excellent and I am very happy with, and attached to it I have a basic level turntable, a Marantz (think it might be a TT5005). My question is this - would I hear a great difference in sound quality or richness if I invested a few quid, in say, a Rega RP3 or a Pro-Ject turntable (i.e. something that costs less than £500)? Or would the difference be so negligible it might not be worth the bother? The Ruark does detail really well, so keen to make the most of it. Cheers for advice

stanwardle said:
Thanks for considering this post - I have a Ruark R7 which is excellent and I am very happy with, and attached to it I have a basic level turntable, a Marantz (think it might be a TT5005). My question is this - would I hear a great difference in sound quality or richness if I invested a few quid, in say, a Rega RP3 or a Pro-Ject turntable (i.e. something that costs less than £500)? Or would the difference be so negligible it might not be worth the bother? The Ruark does detail really well, so keen to make the most of it. Cheers for advice

I would say you should, although most of the difference will come from the quality of the cartridge fitted. Not sure which you will have on your Marantz.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts