looking for a new cd player any ideas

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
im looking for a new cd player to replace my cambridge azur 640c as it sounds to thin with my newly rebuilt amp.i have been looking at the onkyo c 7070 but cant find a review for it but its round the price i want to spend and has good spec,s.anyone out there got one ?.or any ideas of a good cd player at the same price

A

Anonymous

Whats your budget?

Do you want brand new or are you happy with 2nd hand/ex-demo

What music do you generally listen to?

For me in this market, c£250 and you've got yourself a Rega Apollo. Amazing CD player and will walk all over your Cambridge Audio CD player without breaking a sweat

A

Anonymous

budget round £400 tops.i like all types of music from roy harper to tom waits to bruce springsteen.and happy for ex demo and e bay

A

Anonymous

budget round £400 tops.i like all types of music from roy harper to tom waits to bruce springsteen.and happy for ex demo and e bay

A

Anonymous

I'd definitly consider the Rega Apollo then and maybe an Arcam CD192 if you can find one

A

Anonymous

I feel the Rega Apollo is a better CD player

The CD 17 is ok but when I demo'd it along side an Apollo, NAD C565BEE and Roksan Kandy it was overly warm and smooth.

The Rega Apollo is very neutral but open in comparison

Nad_fanatic said:
I feel the Rega Apollo is a better CD player

The CD 17 is ok but when I demo'd it along side an Apollo, NAD C565BEE and Roksan Kandy it was overly warm and smooth.

The Rega Apollo is very neutral but open in comparison

Understand fully, although can't comment personally about Rega stuff. However, most Richer stores now have dem facilities so he can have a listen and decide. And given the OP has mentioned the Cambridge "sounds thin" the warmer Arcam may just be the ticket.

eagle123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
have you tried to upgrade the dac, something like the arcam rdac, or the audiolab mdac, both recommended by another hifi magazine hifi choice if still after a cd player maybe a 2nd hand roksan kandy may be the answer

T

the record spot

Harman's HD990. £500 originally, but look around and you'll get it for much less now. Heard it a couple of years back and was very impressed by it. Well worth the trouble to find one. Also has a DAC to plug other sources into as well.
small-logo.png

A

Anonymous

ill give them a look i have a cambridge dac magic .which when straming music through is very good but putting the cd through it doesnt seem to make that much differance with this amp.on my old amp i didnt notice the thin sound as much.but paying big bucks for a second hand cd player off the bay will be hard second hand and moving parts dont go well in my book but ill have a look

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts