Looking for a 2.1 Blu-ray system but......

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey

I am having massive problems with this.

I dont have a 3d tv, only a 32le4900 from LG, I do not think this supports ARC.

But all the 2.1 Blu-ray systems that are on the market are saying your TV HDMI needs to have a ARC hdmi as they are all 3D.

I only want a basic 2.1 system, maybe up to 200.00 for the bedroom, as just love netflix.

I was looking at this, which I can get for 139.99 : http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/sony/bdvef200/sony-bdvef200

But again thats 3D, will I still be able to use ALL these 2.1 systems on my TV. Also the Optical on my TV is OUT only, but it has all the phono jacks, but I do want to take advantage of the DD or DTS. Or even master audio from the Blu-rays.

Any recomendations for a System, and are my worries unfounded ect..

Thanks again.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
canada16 said:
Hey

I am having massive problems with this.

I dont have a 3d tv, only a 32le4900 from LG, I do not think this supports ARC.

But all the 2.1 Blu-ray systems that are on the market are saying your TV HDMI needs to have a ARC hdmi as they are all 3D.

I only want a basic 2.1 system, maybe up to 200.00 for the bedroom, as just love netflix.

I was looking at this, which I can get for 139.99 : http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/sony/bdvef200/sony-bdvef200

But again thats 3D, will I still be able to use ALL these 2.1 systems on my TV. Also the Optical on my TV is OUT only, but it has all the phono jacks, but I do want to take advantage of the DD or DTS. Or even master audio from the Blu-rays.

Any recomendations for a System, and are my worries unfounded ect..

Thanks again.

Hi canada16, i cant see the problem with the 3D Blu-ray player/ amp, the system has Optical IN, so therefore will take the optical OUT from the tv, then put the amp/player into ProLogic mode to get your 2.1 sound.

Arc is irrellevant as the audio from the Blu-ray will be going through the players own amp, it will also play standard 2d Blu-ray dvd, so i would say your worries are unfounded.

The downside only is, it is not a seperate amplifier & player. If you wanted a slightly better all in one system i would go for the next model up BDVE280 & still be within your budget of £200. Both systems will do DTS, DTS-HD, DD & DD-HD, the more expensive version gives better audio options like Prologic II & 3 more speakers making a 5.1 system, IMO worth it for the extra £50.

Regards .. Paul

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts