Logitech pure fi anywhere

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
I am so tempted to get one of these for my wife to use with her 3g ipod nano 8gb. However, i can only find it online so cant test before seeing it but am prepared to take the word of the good people at what hifi. However, on the logitech website they state that the new nano needs an adaptor and that the tray in which the ipod comes is perfect for the job. They do not therefore make an adapter for this ipod. The plastic tray is quite thin and with bending it to get the ipod in and out i do not suspect it will last for too long. I have bought the universal dock adapters from the apple shop but although these will probably fit the logitech they seem too deep to hold the nano firmly. Apple have told me that i have the correct ones and neither they nor logitech can tell me if these adapters will work properly. I cannot buy additional trays. Can whathifi or anybody who owns this dock tell me what they use as an adaptor or whether they simply put the ipod into the cradle as this is somehing logitech told me not to do as it is dangerous and could break either unit.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
As far as I'm aware, all new iPods should come supplied with the relevant-sized adapter and the one supplied with your nano should fit snugly into the slot on the Logitech. I wouldn't recommend putting the nano straight into the cradle without an adapter, as the connection might be a little loose and there is a chance you might damage the connector.

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andy Clough"]
As far as I'm aware, all new iPods should come supplied with the relevant-sized adapter and the one supplied with your nano should fit snugly into the slot on the Logitech. I wouldn't recommend putting the nano straight into the cradle without an adapter, as the connection might be a little loose and there is a chance you might damage the connector.

[/quote]
The nano does come with an adapter, the tray it come in, but it is flimsy and as you have to bend it to remove the ipod i suspect it may snap soon. You cannot buy additional trays, are there any other adapters that would fit the cradle?

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
Your adaptor should be fine, not least as once you put it in you can leave it in - presuming you only have the one iPod. Should it break, or should you have any trouble, do let us know, but we're confident you should be OK...

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Joe Cox"]Your adaptor should be fine, not least as once you put it in you can leave it in - presuming you only have the one iPod. Should it break, or should you have any trouble, do let us know, but we're confident you should be OK...[/quote]

We have two I'm afraid and wouldn't you have to take the tray out to get the ipod out of it? Still needs slightly bending to get the ipod out of the tray though. Thanks for the vote of confidence in it, will buy one and let you know how i get along.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts