Logitech Harmony 1100

gsyx123

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

The power adapter on my Logitech Harmony 895 has broken, and unable to find a replacement, i started to think about upgrading to a Harmony 1100 (just like the look of the thing).

However, after scouring the internet for the best price (simply electronics @ £290 ) one website i visited said that this model is now discontinued. Has anyone else heard this?

Has anyone got a Harmony 1100, did you upgrade and if so why?

Thanks

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi gsyx123

Yes, I bought an 1100 at Christmas/New Year time - dabs.com had them for £235 towards the end of last year, and then play.com were knocking them out very briefly for £229, so I bought that instead of the "one". Some people seem to prefer the one-handed models, but I think it's great - I just leave it on the seat cushion or armrest and stab at the screen. It was a bit of a pain to learn how to set it up properly, but if you're already used to the 895, I'm sure you'll find set-up a breeze. And once you've customised your screens with your favourite channel icons, it looks really peachy too. No regrets buying one here.

I haven't heard anything about it being discontinued, and it's still listed on Logitech's own website as a current model. Maybe the web-store you looked at had just decided to stop selling it themselves? I think if you're prepared to wait, someone somewhere will discount the price again sooner or later.

Just checking Logitech's own parts store now, it seems strange they don't offer spare power adaptors for any of their models. But looking at mine here, there's nothing special about it - in fact, it's quite cheesy. I'm sure Maplins may be able to offer you an alternative with the right voltage/connector that would work equally well if you take your old one in to show them.

A

Anonymous

Hi Gsyx. If you ring Logitech and ask to get through to Technical Support, they should be able to send you out another Power adaptor. Also, the discontinued model is the 1000, which has been replaced by the 1100.

You should have a look into the 900 also. I own both the 1000 and 900, and I have to say I prefer the 900. It's alot more practical with all the hard buttons, and quicker to navigate the Sky HD menus with the all important coloured buttons on the fascia.

gsyx123

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Thanks For the reply, guys.

In the end i used superglue on the adapter pins, so i've managerd to do myself out of a new gadget
emotion-6.gif

Funny how this problem keeps cropping up on other forums. Apart from this 1 fault, I like the rest of this remote, but was surprised to see that the 1100 needs a RF extender. I can bounce mine offf the walls etc and it works every time, but, according to these aforementioned forums, the 1100 has to be 'line of sight' to work.

Is this true? If so it seems a glaring omission for a top of the range model.

Guess i will just have to wait a little longer now
emotion-9.gif

A

Anonymous

Don't believe everything you read on forums ! :)

The 1100 doesn't need the RF extender at all, and it doesn't need to be line of sight either - it can bounce the IR signals just like any other harmony remote. Sounds like these forums you're reading are mis-informing you a wee bit ?

Well done for getting the adaptor mended btw .

TRENDING THREADS