listening distance

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
hi

for a long time ive pretty much sat very close to my speakers, but earlier i moved back a fair bit and the sound opened up , to me sounding a lot better , this then comes to my question what is the best listening distance from speakers?

cheers

A

Anonymous

The minimum distance you should sit from your speakers should be a distance equal to or greater than the distance that the speakers are apart.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Fraziel"]The minimum distance you should sit from your speakers should be a distance equal to or greater than the distance that the speakers are apart.[/quote]

......... So if my speakers are 4.5m apart, what would be the optimun distance for me, i understand, at least 4.5m but how much further back could/should i go without losing soundstage?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
The perfect listening position can improve listening experience no end....but it is almost impossible in most "real world" household. In general I ditto Fraziel's post as the way to go.....the Triangle's rule.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Rock Man"][quote user="Fraziel"]The minimum distance you should sit from your speakers should be a distance equal to or greater than the distance that the speakers are apart.[/quote] ......... So if my speakers are 4.5m apart, what would be the optimun distance for me, i understand, at least 4.5m but how much further back could/should i go without losing soundstage?[/quote]

i think it's just a question of trial and error.What hi fi? used to do a set up diagram that showed you how to set up with appropriate distances etc. Don't think its in the current issue but if you have any issues that are a few years old, it will be there.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
If you have a rectangular room like most people do then i'd have the speakers 'toe'd' in so that when you sit in front of them to listen, they meet about a metre in front of you. I've always found that this gives you the best sound.

I heave my speakers either side of my desk with my Arcam seperates on top of the desk (i know i should have an independant stand...) and the speakers are aimed towards the centre of the room so that where my listening position is, they cross about a metre in front of me.

Does this make sense?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts