List in alphabetical order and each song twice from my CEOL but not from PC

semichaelid

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I have recently bought a DENON CEOL RCD-N8 to have in the kitchen. It reads music files directly from my Netgear NV+ NAS across my home WiFi. However, all CD's that I have ripped, using dbpoweramp, after I connected my DENON machine, looks strange from the DENON machine. From my PC, connected to my main HiFi, everything looks fine. Both earlier ripped CD's and newly ripped CD's but the new CD's, when trying to play them from the DENON machine look strange. Every song appears twice and in alphabetical order instead of the order from the CD. This in spite of the fact that I rip them to include the sequence number from the CD, ie 01, 02, 03, etc. The numbers are just gone. When checking on my PC folder, ie the NAS, it looks fine. Each file have the name starting with 01, 02, 03, etc and when playing with AlbumPlayer it works fine but, as I said before, not when trying to play the same songs from the DENON machine. What's really puzzling is that when I play the old CD's, that I ripped before connecting the DENON machine to my home network, it works fine from the DENON machine as well. It is as if the DENON machine filters out the digits starting each file name and puts each file twice. What could cause this. The NAS, the DENON machine or dbpoweramp? and how can I get it right? Anyone knows? I would appreciate a solution.
Regards,
Dan Sweden

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
check the tagging on the files.

Some playback devices, such as ipods etc use the tagging in the files and not the filenames. So when you look on the folders through your pc, it shows you the filenames, not the tages. Hence two different views.

semichaelid

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi Cheesebow,

Thanks for your answer, but why is there a difference between the CD's I ripped before I connected the CEOL to my network and the ones I rip now?

The earlier ones look fine but the new ones have this problem.

/Dan

semichaelid

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I think I have managed to solve the issue.

It seems that what was causing the problem was a mismatch with ID tags, file structure and UPnP index caching.
I had ID tags that showed song titles without preceding sequence numbers and it seemed that my DENON machine mixed up ID tags and file names, hence the wrong order.
I deleted the folder from my NAS and re-ripped it and the NAS cache kept both the original and the the re-ripped information, hence double entries in DENON.
Albumplayer, that I use from my PC, does not connect to UPnP but simply reads the file structure, hence always correct.

When I deleted the ID tags from each new song, the DENON showed both the old, not correctly ordered, songs and the songs in correct order preceded by the sequence numbers.
However, only the correctly ordered songs could be played. The other ones gave error message: "No File" or something like that.

All this plus a discussion with a very clever friend at work, led me to log on to my NAS and force a rescan of the UPnP index.
After that, low and behold, everything works fine.

Now I just need to figure out how to rip CDs without getting the ID tags as they obviously, in some cases, cause problems.

Regards,
Dan from Sweden

TRENDING THREADS