Lip-Sync solution?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
To save a really long entry, here's my dilemma:

Panasonic 32" LXD700 (6 months old and a brilliant LCD).

Got a Denon DVD1930 a few months back but had lip-sync issues even over HDMI. Got a full refund.

Now got a PS3 and that's brilliant with no lip-sync watching DVDs/ Blu Rays through HDMI. Have got lip-sync issues sending audio through my old Sony STRDB930 AV amp to my Mission FS2AV surrounds. The amp is too old to have an audio delay on it so the issue is expected.

Using Sky+. Only get lip-sync issues on some Sky Movies films but this occurs through SCART cable to the Panny and through the STRDB930, so assume its Sky not syncing the video/ audio correctly. All other channels are fine. Have upgraded to SKY HD which is due on the 7th Jan. I know the Sky HD box has an audio delay setting. Is this any good or will I have to toy with it depending on what I'm watching?

I want a viable solution to getting good lip-sync across the board.

Should I get a new amp with audio delay? If so, what would be a good match for my existing components bearing in mind the lounge is only about 9ft by 11ft?

Would I be better off getting an audio-sync device and sticking with my existing amp by putting the PS3 and SKY HD through the audio-sync device to my STRDB930. Can I pipe the audio from either the PS3 and SKY HD to the amp as well as my TV so I've got the choice of where it goes?

Any help you can offer is much appreciated. I'm sure I'm not alone in having this combination of issues without knowing the best solution. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Any thoughts anyone? After having a good look around the web yesterday, I'm leaning towards a Felston DD740. At £130, it should cover all the inputs I may need and will be a lot cheaper than picking up an Onkyo or similar amp at £400.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="wazzerman"]
Any thoughts anyone? After having a good look around the web yesterday, I'm leaning towards a Felston DD740. At £130, it should cover all the inputs I may need and will be a lot cheaper than picking up an Onkyo or similar amp at £400.

[/quote]

See my response to Lip-synch issues with Denon DVD1940 via optical out

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts