Lip sync problems with Bluray

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Okay just got a Sony S760. Picture great and sounds amazing too. But the two together and it's like watching a badly dubbed Japanese b movie. Lip sync is rubbish. Tried watching Pandorum and had to turn it off, so frustrating. The sync is not consistent. It's in, it's out, it's miles out.

I have tried changing delay times and changed the sharp to slow in the audio settings. Makes no difference. Why???

My gut feeling is Blu-ray is the problem. With all the different Dolby, DTS and all.

The thing is going back and plugging my old Arcam DVD back in. Sort it out Sony.

My kit is

S760, Naim AV2, NAPV 175, NAP200. Dynaudio front and centres, B&W rears and a Quake sub. Sony W1 lcd and Infocus s5700 projector.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
How have you set it up for audio? Is the audio routed through the HDMI?

Has the 760 on board decoding with 5.1 audio outs?

If it has try using these. I have a pre HDMI Yamaha amp which I use with a Panasonic BD80, and I use the analogue outs and lip-sync is fine.

I have just ordered Pandorum so I will see if I have any problems with that disc.

A

Anonymous

Yes it has analogue outs but the av2 does not. So have to use coax or optical. You can adjust delays within the s760 but only if you're using the analogue outs. Bummer.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Just played Pandorum. There are very mild lip sync issues, ceratinly not serious. I used analogue 5.1 outs then switched to coax out, and finally watched in stereo as the BD player is connected by HDMI direct to TV. All methods showed the same slight problem.

What is puzzling though is the sound is described as DTS master on the case, but when played the only HD sound option is True Dolby HD!!

A

Anonymous

I don't have any such issues, fortunately. This is usually a problem with the receiver.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
This cant be a receiver problem as I by-passed the receiver. My HDMI is connected direct to the TV and I use the non HDMI Yamaha amp for sound only. When I switched off the amp and listened to stereo sound through the TV, the admittedly very slight problem was still there. I think this has to be a disc problem. I have not experienced this with any other discs, either Bluray or DVD

The problem is very slight and does not mar the enjoyment of the film.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts