Lip Sync Issue

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've noticed that when watching sky programmes on my new setup there is a lip sync issue which is so frustrating. I have tried playing with the sound settings on the sky hd box which doesnt make much of an improvement. Everything is linked through my Onkyo receiver via HDMI 1.4 cables so i'm wondering if it might be a cable issue or settings elsewhere!

Not having much joy at the moment, ordered a harmony 1100 remote from simply electronics (crediting after alot of arguing, they actually stated they cant guarentee to send a UK product) they sent me the USA version! Logitech joined in and sent me the wrong RF extender version too, they just sent me a new one and said i could keep the other (got a european rf extender going on the cheap???). Bought a lacinema classic from Dabs.com and thats faulty, my lazee boys leather chairs need adjustment as they are too loose!!

Any help would be really appreciated because my home cinema experience hasnt started very well!!! :(

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Is it on all channels or just one? I used to find ITV HD had terrible sync problems but all others were fine although this seems to have stopped now. I'm not sure which avr you have but if it's on all channels you should be able to set a delay through the amp

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Primare do a Delay Box which is worth a look for a higher end set-up. Having said that, most amps now (as suggested) include a delay feature you should be able to adjust. Let us know how you get on - it's terribly annoying when sound doesn't match, especially people's lips when speaking - unless you're watching dubbed kung fu that is and then its just part of the territory
emotion-53.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi

Try a system rebuild, adjusting delays through the amp will solve it but it will cause a massive echo effect if Sky is being watched in another room; like when the misses goes to bed early

System rebuild can be found in the installation menus: settings/picture/0/1/enter

Note: rebuild will not erase the planner

Vance

A

Anonymous

Ive had issues myself with the Samsung 46c800 and my Ymaha 667 Amp. Its to do with the Motion Processing and extra settings causing a slight delay on sound.

hdtv test website has ISF settings for the TV so id do a google for those for movie setting and for natural one turn off all the motion settings etc and that should sort it all out

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts