Linn owner who recently bought an ipod..

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a linn hifi, Tucan Speakers, lk140, genki,and kolektor, which sounds really good. However, with 2 small children to look after I very rearly get to listen to my music any more, apart from Wheels on the bus, my hifi is very quiet. I am really feeling the loss of my music, at home all day, so after a lot of moaning my hubby bought me an ipod and bose sounddock for in the kitchen - as that is where I spend most of my time. After spending all week putting my cd collection on itunes, and really enjoying having some tunes on. The hubby - who surprisingly is not into music - is suggesting he sells my linn system and buys another sounddock.

Help me please - I would like the convenience of plugging my ipod into my stereo - but do not have a clue where to start. What do you suggest? He plugged ipod via cable into amp!! You can appreciate cant you where I am coming from - No I said!! I dont want to compromise too much on quality. But can see his point that the system as it is, is too good for wheels on the bus!! on an infrequent basis. Plus my Cd's are either easy target for the kids, and if I put them away there is no way I would listen to them. So the ipod does have the ease of use and safe storage.

Or am I condemned to this situation until my kids develop a taste for quality tunes and sound!!!! Surely not?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
[quote user="barneytfc"]The hubby - who surprisingly is not into
music - is suggesting he sells my linn system and buys another
sounddock. [/quote]

No, don't let him! I can appreciate the
iPod/Bose SoundDock is more practical for the kitchen on a day-to-day
basis (I have one at home too), but having invested in your Linn system
it would be a crying shame to let it go.

At the most basic, you
can connect your iPod to the hi-fi amp by using a simple cable with a
3.5mm jack on one end and RCA stereo phono interconnects on the other (just
connect the 3.5mm jack into the headphone socket on the iPod, and the
stereo interconnects into a spare input on the amp). Maplins sell a number of suitable cables, or you could try the Apple Store.

Alternatively,
one of the best dedicated iPod hi-fi docks (which again will connect
straight into a spare stereo input on your amp) is the Arcam rDock for around £120, which will charge your iPod as well as play it.

We've
described the rDock as "the best-sounding dock by a mile; this is an
iPod extra with serious hi-fi cred". I can second that as I use one on
my home hi-fi system, and it's excellent.

A

Anonymous

Wadia is releasing the biggest iPod audiophile product in recent memory this year at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas next week. I have a little information on the product and I will have much more when I report from the show Jan 7-10. Here is my info for now http://www.computeraudiophile.com/node/115

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Thanks to both of you for your advice.
I'm in a similar situation to barneytfc, I have a Linn system, Ikemi, Kolektor, LK140, LK85 and my wife had an Ipod Nano for her birthday, she mainly uses it to listen to Audiobooks. I have been trying to work out the best way to connect it to the Hi-Fi should she want to listen to it, I'm currently working on buying either a Kimber Tonik Mini Interconnect or an iChord , other than the ability to recharge the batteries and the iPod standing upright, is there anything to be gained by using a dock instead of an interconnect?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts