Lighting when gaming

arendvanriet

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm from the Netherlands but got a general question about gaming. When it comes to gaming for a long consecutive time, i always get burning eyes from the screen. Now i know the easiest solution is just to stop gaming for a while, but even after a few hours my eyes start to hurt. I've read on some other forum that the lighting in your room is very influential for this. I just have a normal lamp (like this http://www.rietveldlicht.nl/hanglampen), but im not sure if 1 of those is enough to prevent myself from staring without blinkering at my screen. Whats your opinion on lighting in the room? Does the room have to be filled with light or not?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
arendvanriet said:
Hi guys,

I'm from the Netherlands but got a general question about gaming. When it comes to gaming for a long consecutive time, i always get burning eyes from the screen. Now i know the easiest solution is just to stop gaming for a while, but even after a few hours my eyes start to hurt.

It is wise to get up and walk around (well away from the computer) for at least 5-10 minutes of every hour to prevent circulation problems (even kidney problems). This is advice that's frequently given to anyone working at computer screens for a living. Your eyes are just one warning sign.

In really extreme cases it is advised to buy some outdoor clothes online and use them to facilitate 'going out'. (Leaving the house to walk, exercise, breath fresh air, interact with other people, experience non-computer based stimuli etc.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts