LG42LH5000 set up and use with sky

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just purchased a LG42LH5000 for lounge having read reviews. Have also got a LG47LH4000 for family room. Have not opened the bigger set, but having set up the 42LH5000 I have mixed reactions. I would be grateful if someone from the team could tell me what settings were used when the set achieved its 5* rating. A reply would be very helpful.

My feelings are that the freeview channels have very good pictures and also the use of Clear Voice II and Volume leveller are very good for us as we are hard of hearing. However the pictures on Sky are not as good. Most of our viewing is via Sky Plus (Non HD) and live sports on Sky channels. The cricket looks awful. Looked like it was raining when it wasn't. I have 200hz set to low. Has anyone got this set. I presume you can't use Clear Voice and levelling options on Sky channels. Has anyone got good pictures on Sky from this set. If I can't improve Sky pictures on this one I will take the LH4000 back as that one is only 100hz.

Any advice from anyone.

MarantzLover

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Hey,

I have the LH4010, (basically a slight upgrade on the LH4000 from what i am lead to beleive), and I too suffer the SKY (NON HD) blur problems and noise, even with all the features of trumotion off. When I turn them on, the films become almost un-natural and completely unwatchable.

It seems that when Sky is connected via scart, its an awful picture. I think we are all being forced to go high def if we want brand new shiny TV's in our living rooms.

Let me know if you were able to find a solution.

Thanks

Jonny

mcjwalters

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
Jonny,

I have the same set up, but via HDMI and I have no problems with the picture quality. I used Picture wizard, on the TV, and more them happy with the picture, I did have to swop the ends of the cable around to get the picture at all to appear on the TV via sky HD though.
Will look at settings later when kids are in bed.

MarantzLover

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Hey McJW,

Aye no worries. I think but that by the sounds of things you must have the SKY HD box that you're watching standard def via HDMi over, cause the stnadard def box does not have the HDMi out.

I think the difference that I myself did not make particularly clear in my thread was that I only have the standard def white sky plus box. I totally get what you are saying about the HDMi cable. There are many cables that are "grained" as such and work a whole lot better when used ins certain way, that sounds about right.

I suspect that what's going on is that the TV has a much better processing engine for TV signal held within the digital domain (HDMi connection) but when used within the analogue domain (Scart) it may indeed suffer processing problems. I just need to see if I can get a High Def source to test out before my 14 day cooling off period expires.

Thanks for your advice though its appreciated, depite the fact that I work with screens in work, I never connect analogue, as HDMi has taken over the world... now if only I had as much money as some of my clients!!

Thanks

Jonny

TRENDING THREADS