LG SN11RG

soundislife

Jul 13, 2020
Visit site
Only 2 Stars! Goodness I have generally agreed with WhatHiFi for years, but this review has prompted me to register just in order to write that I completely disagree. Having heard both the Sonos (Arc) and Sennheiser Ambeo (£hundreds more) single Atmos sound bars, I reckon the genuine surround is better from the LG. Have you put your recommended Jamo S807 (only a 7.1) with the Denon AVR 2600 together against these 3 systems ? Is there a budget AV/Atmos 7.2 Combo to directly compare to the LG SN 11 7.2 system? Personally I do like the Lyngdorf M60 firing Bowers and Wilkins Nautilus front, 800 D3 rears, HTM1 D3 centre, DB1 woofing and Ceiling 591s and 684s, which is astronomical in budget, but the LG is a bargain compared to it.

Nelson

Sep 4, 2020
Visit site
Terrible review. Iv had this system now for a few months & have never owned a system like this. The bass has to be set on 0 or there's to much bass. You also have the bass blast mode & can turn the bass up to level 5 on two other setting options but that silly as the bass over powers the sound the standard settings deliver very high quality balanced audio & sounds absolutely amazing. Even quality sound across the low, mid & high range is much better then those unbalanced bassy systems. The Dolby Atmos is ridiculously good. After watching a number of movies with atmos then watching movies without it you can clearly hear that something is missing. The gies up to volume 40 & I cant play music past 15 or movies on 20 without risking complaints. Volume 16 is loud enough to enjoy all shows & sometimes is still feel the need to turn it down. Don't worry about only having two HDMI as most TV will come with 4 & with your ARC set up you have plenty of ports. I can go on but I want to mention you can control the levels of speaker output from the front, back, side & up firing speakers to customise a little or less sound from speakers to get your room set up right. I 100% recommend this speaker & you won't be disappointed. Your neighbours might be.

Reactions: soundislife

soundislife

Jul 13, 2020
Visit site
Terrible review. Iv had this system now for a few months & have never owned a system like this. The bass has to be set on 0 or there's to much bass. You also have the bass blast mode & can turn the bass up to level 5 on two other setting options but that silly as the bass over powers the sound the standard settings deliver very high quality balanced audio & sounds absolutely amazing. Even quality sound across the low, mid & high range is much better then those unbalanced bassy systems. The Dolby Atmos is ridiculously good. After watching a number of movies with atmos then watching movies without it you can clearly hear that something is missing. The gies up to volume 40 & I cant play music past 15 or movies on 20 without risking complaints. Volume 16 is loud enough to enjoy all shows & sometimes is still feel the need to turn it down. Don't worry about only having two HDMI as most TV will come with 4 & with your ARC set up you have plenty of ports. I can go on but I want to mention you can control the levels of speaker output from the front, back, side & up firing speakers to customise a little or less sound from speakers to get your room set up right. I 100% recommend this speaker & you won't be disappointed. Your neighbours might be.
Totally agree 👍

gramio

Feb 17, 2021
Visit site
I think you guys need to actually read the review rather than just the rating and title. It is quite clear that the rating was based on the fact that the sounds is muddled, spacial positioning is poor and the price point is way too high for the quality provided.

As to the Atmos point here is something that you unfortunately have to hear to believe and/or understand. LG CX has Atmos reproduction on the amp built into the TV. A Naim muso is not even remotely advertised as being Atmos compatible or certified. If you connect Muso to a CX via optical with Atmos on the TV turned on you can most certainly experience spacial positioning. That's not to say that the position of objects is correct and that's exactly what the review was talking about.

soundislife

Jul 13, 2020
Visit site
I think you guys need to actually read the review rather than just the rating and title. It is quite clear that the rating was based on the fact that the sounds is muddled, spacial positioning is poor and the price point is way too high for the quality provided.

As to the Atmos point here is something that you unfortunately have to hear to believe and/or understand. LG CX has Atmos reproduction on the amp built into the TV. A Naim muso is not even remotely advertised as being Atmos compatible or certified. If you connect Muso to a CX via optical with Atmos on the TV turned on you can most certainly experience spacial positioning. That's not to say that the position of objects is correct and that's exactly what the review was talking about.
I did read the review and I disagree with it and with your reply - if you have listened to the unit, then you’ve heard different sounds to me, so our opinions differ.
This LG unit sounds spatially clear to me and although I have listed my set up, the LG is an amazing piece of kit for the money and especially compared to equivalently priced competition as I have already written.
I recommend this LG unreservedly.

reev

Jun 29, 2021
Visit site
Unfortunately, I agree with this review. The bass is terrible, even setting all the bass sliders to the maximum level doesn't save it.

eli-ant

Jul 15, 2021
Visit site
Unfortunately, I agree with this review. The bass is terrible, even setting all the bass sliders to the maximum level doesn't save it.

Since the latest firmware update (version 2106150), there’s been a noticeable positive difference with the soundbar.
Regarding bass, may depend on the room or perhaps a faulty sub because I need to turn mine way down otherwise it’s too boomy, in my opinion.

ROQ

Nov 2, 2021
Visit site
I don't understand the lack of bass and muddled sounds issues I've read about.

The bass on mine is turned down as it shakes my flat before it's maxed out. Could it be that people haven't set theirs up properly. There are additional settings on the phone app.
The audio clarity and separation is also quite good.

Now with Spatial Audio on Apple Music, listening to those tracks are something else. My room is oddly shaped but you can still hear the different instruments up and around the room. I much prefer the Dolby Atmos from the SN11 than the Spatial Audio on the AirPods Pro.
I've had surround sound and Dolby Atmos set ups before this - I have to say this is the best I've had. It's not perfect, but it's not far off.
I was lucky to get it for just under £700.

D

Deleted member 196519

I don't understand the lack of bass and muddled sounds issues I've read about.

The bass on mine is turned down as it shakes my flat before it's maxed out. Could it be that people haven't set theirs up properly. There are additional settings on the phone app.
The audio clarity and separation is also quite good.

Now with Spatial Audio on Apple Music, listening to those tracks are something else. My room is oddly shaped but you can still hear the different instruments up and around the room. I much prefer the Dolby Atmos from the SN11 than the Spatial Audio on the AirPods Pro.
I've had surround sound and Dolby Atmos set ups before this - I have to say this is the best I've had. It's not perfect, but it's not far off.
I was lucky to get it for just under £700.
Maybe. I couldn’t set mine up properly. I bought it for just under £700 when they dropped the price - Currys I think it was? I couldn’t get the rears to connect to It either. Was my first sound bar though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts