LG OLED65G6P HDR OLED TV Review.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
bigboss said:
gel said:
bigboss said:
Sure of what?
The B6 is the same as the E6 and G6 but without the 3D and sound bar. Apparently this is correct but it does have a different processor. What does this mean with the different processor? What does it do? Cheers.
It's like your Panasonic OLED. LG screen but with a different processor.

is there a different processor between the new oled TVs from lg?
Yep, between the B6 and the the two top models the E6 and G6, that will make quite a big difference but same panels.

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
Does this have anything to do with pic quality, it says not on the HdTV test review?
Yep, according to BB it does. My Panasonic is completely different to the LG.

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
*dash1* but where does it say it has a different processer :) not your Panasonic Gel, the new LG's....
A member on AV Forums on the LG 2016 Oled thread.

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
gel said:
Series1boy said:
*dash1* but where does it say it has a different processer :) not your Panasonic Gel, the new LG's....

cool!
I went on for about 2 pages and no one corrected him, so I would think it's right.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Series1boy said:

Again, if you could have quoted the exact thread and the page number within that thread that would have been useful, gel. Those OLED theads are now dozens of pages long.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
Series1boy said:

Again, if you could have quoted the exact thread and the page number within that thread that would have been useful, gel. Those OLED theads are now dozens of pages long.
https://www.avforums.com/threads/lg-oled-tv-range-2016.2003366/page-82

I have no idea why you need to see it for yourself but here you go, it's at the bottom of the page.

Enjoy.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
That's why I like to check original sources. He may be right about different processors in the various 2016 LG OLED series, but based on some of his past utterances I'd hardly regard Vakmestern as the most authoritative of sources. The following discussion on the next few pages obscured almost as much as it illuminated.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
That's why I like to check original sources. He may be right about different processors in the various 2016 LG OLED series, but based on some of his past utterances I'd hardly regard Vakmestern as the most authoritative of sources. The following discussion on the next few pages obscured almost as much as it illuminated.
*good*

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
Is this the modern equivalent of 'I heard it from a bloke in a pub who seemed to know what he was talking about'?
No.

D

Deleted member 2457

https://www.avforums.com/threads/report-lg-launch-new-g6-e6-c6-and-b6-oled-tvs-with-dolby-vision.2022034/

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Two useful links there, Gel! If I were going for a (nother) 65" set, LG OLEDs would certainly be on my list. Shame about the 77" G6 costing £25,000 though, while the 65" G6 will be £6,000. Ah well, in a year or so I'll just have to content myself with the imminent 75" FALD Sony KD-75XD9405, which Sevenoaks are selling for £5,000.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
Two useful links there, Gel! If I were going for a (nother) 65" set, LG OLEDs would certainly be on my list. Shame about the 77" G6 costing £25,000 though, while the 65" G6 will be £6,000. Ah well, in a year or so I'll just have to content myself with the imminent 75" FALD Sony KD-75XD9405, which Sevenoaks are selling for £5,000.
Yep, me too. I can't decide which one yet though, I am probably thinking the 65 E OLED at John Lewis.

gel said:
Son_of_SJ said:
Yep, me too.  I can't decide which one yet though, I am probably thinking the 65 E OLED at John Lewis.  

*stop*

It's exactly this tendency that makes you lose money time and time again.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:
Son_of_SJ said:
Yep, me too. I can't decide which one yet though, I am probably thinking the 65 E OLED at John Lewis.

*stop*

It's exactly this tendency that makes you lose money time and time again.
I doubt I will buy it though. *smile*

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:

You are assuming that the 65" E6 OLED will be better than your two-month-old Panasonic 65" OLED.
Nick don't think it will be.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts