LG OLED55CX

Steveykay

Jul 27, 2020
Visit site
I can’t believe the LG OLED55CX does not have BBC iPlayer - possibly now the most popular BBC channels in the UK and I certainly wouldn’t buy it knowing it needs an external streamer box to receive BBC iPlayer.

Reactions: Mr. C Nation

Mr. C Nation

Mar 21, 2020
Visit site
Me too. No iPlayer - no deal. LG Marketing Dept out to lunch.

As LG makes panels for the rest of them, this panel will be offered by another manufacturer but + iPlayer and that will scoop LG's UK customers.

Addendum. In fact, Sony offers essentially the same TV at the same price but with catch-ups included. Why would you buy the LG? Because you like playing with your dongle?

Last edited:

Bilbo Baggins

Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
I can’t believe the LG OLED55CX does not have BBC iPlayer - possibly now the most popular BBC channels in the UK and I certainly wouldn’t buy it knowing it needs an external streamer box to receive BBC iPlayer.
For me (and a lot of tv watchers) it’s irrelevant I watch 99% of my tv via Sky which has all of the Apps.

Bilbo Baggins

Aug 23, 2020
Visit site

As LG makes panels for the rest of them, this panel will be offered by another manufacturer but + iPlayer and that will scoop LG's UK customers.

Addendum. In fact, Sony offers essentially the same TV at the same price but with catch-ups included. Why would you buy the LG? Because you like playing with your dongle?
😂😂😂

The big problem with the Sony is no HDMI 2.1 features except eARC. Bit of an own goal when you consider the amount of PS5s I am sure they are planning to sell. No HFR, no ALLM, no VRR 🤦‍♂️

jayhouse

Oct 1, 2020
Visit site
I'm a bit confused by this. Does this mean that this TV doesn't have the rollback in time feature on the EPG?

Also, the Freeview hub is on channel 100 of freeview and collects on demand shows and players. What happens if you view channel 100 on this TV?

Sm[]key

Dec 9, 2020
Visit site
What's the best sound bar to use for the 55 CX?

I want one to sit in front of the TV.

You don't get much clearance at the bottom of the screen, and all that I've seen will obscure the bottom of the screen!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts