LG Oled deals under £2000 at Currys

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
So I missed the £150 off offer by 12 hours, but then they reduced the price by £100 and Top Cash Back did £50 off TVs more than £1000 so it evened out. My wife has a deal at work where she can buy Currys vouchers for a 7% discount, so bought 6 x £250 (max was £250 per voucher).

Went to buy online and.... at voucher 6 the site popped up saying "sorry, there's a max of 5 vouchers". Checked the terms and conditions, and that wasn't anywhere (not to mention they were happy to sell 6 vouchers...). The FAQ did mention it, I subsequently discovered, but an FAQ is neithe a term nor a condition... And it's not a question which even occured to me, nevermind one I'd frequently ask!

In any case, a trip to my local store allowed them to exchange the 6x£250 vouchers for 3x£500 and then went home to order. It was £100 more instore and obv wouldn't get the £50 cashback.

I will take delivery on Friday.

Thanks Gel and BB. :)

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I expect they would have matched the dea but I din't push as they wouldn't have given the £50 cashback so it wasn't a biggie. Staff in the shop were actually very nice and helpful (not fair that google rates them as 2.3/5). Will write a nice review of them later.

It arrives today, between 08.05 and 12.05. Almost half-way through that window..!

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Have been doing a lot of playing around with it. Was quite annoyed for first 40 minutes - was contemplating packaging it up and taking it back to Currys. Picture quality was all over the place. I appreciate a bigger screen (40" to 55") will amplify issues, but I would expect a TV that £2300 last year to outperform a 10 year old Sony LCD by a country mile. I've found that the processing from the TV (either Freesat or aerial) is poor. It's been much better when I swapped back to using my Samsung SMT-7800 Freesat Box, upscaled via my Denon AVR3312.

SD broadcasts and upscaled HD ones are a bit ropey still though. More playing around to be done tho. Just picked up kids from summer camp, one with a chipped tooth (milk one) and a bit tearful, so letting him watch a nature docu to calm him. A shame - had hoped to have the battlestation fully operational before Mrs Aura came home (as she has a poor tolerance for me fiddling about with things!).

buzz_lightclick

Big Aura said:
Have been doing a lot of playing around with it. Was quite annoyed for first 40 minutes - was contemplating packaging it up and taking it back to Currys. Picture quality was all over the place. I appreciate a bigger screen (40" to 55") will amplify issues, but I would expect a TV that £2300 last year to outperform a 10 year old Sony LCD by a country mile. I've found that the processing from the TV (either Freesat or aerial) is poor. It's been much better when I swapped back to using my Samsung SMT-7800 Freesat Box, upscaled via my Denon AVR3312.

SD broadcasts and upscaled HD ones are a bit ropey still though. More playing around to be done tho. Just picked up kids from summer camp, one with a chipped tooth (milk one) and a bit tearful, so letting him watch a nature docu to calm him. A shame - had hoped to have the battlestation fully operational before Mrs Aura came home (as she has a poor tolerance for me fiddling about with things!).

Hmmm, reading that puts me off OLED a bit! Have you managed to improve things yet or are you thinking of sending it back for a full refund?

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Have a look in the TV sub-forum for a full first-impressions review. My FiL is coming over tonight and he has the same pioneer as you, so will get his views for comparision purposes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts