LG Oled crushes the competition

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2017/07/13/lg-oled-crushes-rivals-in-key-tv-shootout-again/#e5ec748cc6c6

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
The Panasonic EZ952 didn't feature in the shootout (I'm guessing it wasn't available), and the Pana sells for the same price as the LG and Sony OLEDs included.

I'm not saying the Panasonic would have won, but it beats the LG in terms of accuracy, both out-of the-box and after calibration (the LGs aren't the last word in accuracy and don't calibrate as smoothly).

A shootout including the LG B7 would be interesting, since all 2017 LG OLEDs offer pretty much identical image quality, and the B7's cheaper than the E7, A1 and EZ952.

The B7's easily the best value OLED television this year.

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
The Panasonic EZ952 didn't feature in the shootout (I'm guessing it wasn't available), and the Pana sells for the same price as the LG and Sony OLEDs included.

I'm not saying the Panasonic would have won, but it beats the LG in terms of accuracy, both out-of the-box and after calibration (the LGs aren't the last word in accuracy and don't calibrate as smoothly).

A shootout including the LG B7 would be interesting, since all 2017 LG OLEDs offer pretty much identical image quality, and the B7's cheaper than the E7, A1 and EZ952.

The B7's easily the best value OLED television this year.
Hi Strapped, nice to speak to you. The 55B7v can be had for £1999 now too:

http://www.totaldigital.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43_160&products_id=6444

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
That may be so, Gel, but I'm not buying. *smile*

I might be tempted if the EZ952 dropped below £2,000, and I wasn't focused on paying down my mortgage capital.

Manufacturers have worked hard to improve OLED televisions, but the technology's still not quite there.

If LG (or anyone else) can eliminate OLED near-black issues, my interest will jump. Panasonic engineers claim they can resolve these problems, but the resulting television would cost upward of £20,000.

Hope you're keeping OK.

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
That may be so, Gel, but I'm not buying. *smile*

I might be tempted if the EZ952 dropped below £2,000, and I wasn't focused on paying down my mortgage capital.

Manufacturers have worked hard to improve OLED televisions, but the technology's still not quite there.

If LG (or anyone else) can eliminate OLED near-black issues, my interest will jump. Panasonic engineers claim they can resolve these problems, but the resulting television would cost upward of £20,000.

Hope you're keeping OK.
Hi Strapped, yep not too bad - thanks! Hope you and your family are keeping ok too? I was looking into tickets for the end of year tennis championship at the O2, any ideas as to what day to book? I am hoping my auntie and uncle might be interested. You can get the Panasonic 55ez952 at Costco for £2150, if you can find stock. Yep Oleds aren't perfect each year they keep improving, I think the best one I had was the first generation one I wish I had kept that. The Panasonic Oled I had was amazing in 2D but calibration made it better, I am not sure how though considering the 2D picture was 10 0ut of 10 for picture out of the box (I think).

I suppose we will find out when they get it perfect again on AV Forums when they give an Oled 10 out of 10 again for black level and contrast.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
That's a good price for the Panasonic, but I'm still not looking to buy.

Things are OK(ish) on the family front (thanks for asking). There are some difficulties regarding my brother's situation, while my parents are in better if not brilliant health.

You never know what you're going to get with the O2 tennis, because the tickets go on sale well in advance.

You can get a day pass at a reduced rate, which means you'll see four of the top eight, but this doesn't guarantee you'll see exactly who you'd like.

Last year I sold our day passes at the last minute and bought tickets to see Murray's first match as world number one.

My advice is to pick a group stage match you want to see, as there are always tickets available just before at not too horrendous prices.

The semi-final and final cost a lot more. We've been along to three finals, but couldn't justify it last year as ticket prices went through the roof.

D

Deleted member 2457

Federer looks like getting 19 grand slams now.
regular_smile.png

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
That's a good price for the Panasonic, but I'm still not looking to buy.

Things are OK(ish) on the family front (thanks for asking). There are some difficulties regarding my brother's situation, while my parents are in better if not brilliant health.

You never know what you're going to get with the O2 tennis, because the tickets go on sale well in advance.

You can get a day pass at a reduced rate, which means you'll see four of the top eight, but this doesn't guarantee you'll see exactly who you'd like.

Last year I sold our day passes at the last minute and bought tickets to see Murray's first match as world number one.

My advice is to pick a group stage match you want to see, as there are always tickets available just before at not too horrendous prices.

The semi-final and final cost a lot more. We've been along to three finals, but couldn't justify it last year as ticket prices went through the roof.
I hope your brother is okay. Will have to see with the O2, I am going to see Metallica in October, I took your advice and have things to look forward to now. Last year when I took an overdose I was hearing voices again, which is not good. And the voice I was hearing told me to take an overdose, that was the third time I have been suicide and when the voices did change their mind at the last minute. That was down to the stress of doing my voluntary work.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, it's pretty boring when someone sails through a final.

As much as I'm a Federer fan, it'd be nice to see some new faces win majors.

Last year it was Djoker and Murray, with Federer and Nadal seemingly on their way out.

This year it's pretty much the reverse, and I'm not sure Murray can return to his very best. We'll see...

There are similarities between your story and my brother's, and we're concerned at the moment, for reasons I won't go into online.

Make sure you take care of yourself mate and don't put yourself under unnecessary pressure. If something's too much, take a step back. Nothing's more important than your health. *smile*

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
Yeah, it's pretty boring when someone sails through a final.

As much as I'm a Federer fan, it'd be nice to see some new faces win majors.

Last year it was Djoker and Murray, with Federer and Nadal seemingly on their way out.

This year it's pretty much the reverse, and I'm not sure Murray can return to his very best. We'll see...

There are similarities between your story and my brother's, and we're concerned at the moment, for reasons I won't go into online.

Make sure you take care of yourself mate and don't put yourself under unnecessary pressure. If something's too much, take a step back. Nothing's more important than your health. *smile*
Cheers mate, if you ever want talk just get in contact the private way.
thumbs_up.png
I find posting too much at times, I find I can get lots of comments in my head and it stresses me out. I try to keep my posts down to hot deals.
regular_smile.png

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, the internet can be an unpleasant place, with people saying things they wouldn't dare in any other situation.

I'm not even sure why I'm back here, to be honest, since I've had to put up with some genuinely abusive and unpleasant comments, including someone insulting me whilst replying to a post mentioning a death in my family.

I commented on a thread Cno started, addressed to me, and kind of got sucked back in. Maybe a light touch approach is the best way forward.

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
Yeah, the internet can be an unpleasant place, with people saying things they wouldn't dare in any other situation.

I'm not even sure why I'm back here, to be honest, since I've had to put up with some genuinely abusive and unpleasant comments, including someone insulting me whilst replying to a post mentioning a death in my family.

I commented on a thread Cno started, addressed to me, and kind of got sucked back in. Maybe a light touch approach is the best way forward.
Yep, agreed.
thumbs_up.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts