LG Nexus 4 phone coming on Oct 29th?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Tonestar1

I was determined to go for the iphone 5 but having read these reviews it's just too good and too cheap not to go for. Running costs are pennies compared to every rival, especially if you use quidco for a 12 month only sim from voda.

Nexus 4 16GB at £290

Vodafone £20.50 12 month sim only contract.

900 mins

1Gb data

Unlimited txt

Annual Cost £246

Quidco cashbach £120

Annual cost reduced to £126

Total 12 month running cost of £416 or £34.67 per month, plus you have a Nexus 4 to sell or keep at the end of 12 months.

If you decide to keep the N4 for another year, move to giff gaff and save even more.

Edited to reformat. First post was mighty confusing.

scene

Well that was easy!

Phoned up Orange Business, said I was on a SIM only plan and was getting a new phone that needed a microSIM. The woman from Orange asked which one, I said a Nexus 4. They couldn't find this in their system (I wasn't that surprised as it's a direct sale phone) and she said "No matter, it'll take the same microSIM as an iPhone 4, I'll order you one of those. Do you have a data plan?" I said I had a 1GB plan (which I want to keep!) and after she found I was happy with that and didn't go over it she said my new SIM should be with me in 3-4 days.

Simples :bounce:

D

Deleted member 2457

daveh75 said:

Looks like it is good.
smiley-smile.gif

daveh75

Really impressed. Feels better quality than the One X it's replaced, and makes the missus SGS III look and feel like a kiddies toy.

Just been streaming Tron Legacy (1080i recording) and the screen is superb, it doesn't have the 'pop' of One X, but would say the colours are more natural looking.

Being vanilla Android, it feels far slicker to use than the One X.

Used to be a big fan of Sense, but from ICS onwards (and since getting the 7 and now 4) vanilla Android had really improved and there's no need for OEM bloat, custom launchers and ROMs...

D

Deleted member 2457

Sounds good, people have starting selling them on eBay looking to make a quick buck!

daveh75

Yes i know, and they're going for silly money too. Though i suspect Ebay may have to put a stop to it...

"Resale and Gifts

You may only purchase Devices for your personal use. You may not commercially resell any Device, but you may give the Device as a gift. Recipients of gifts may need to open and maintain a Google Wallet account in order to receive support from Google. These Terms shall also apply to any gift recipient."

https://play.google.com/about/device-terms.html

D

Deleted member 2457

A 16gb one is up to £570 on the Bay, I missed out on a trick there!

daveh75

gel said:
gel said:

£770 winning bid! Why so high?

More money than sense? Anyone that desperate could walk into CPW and pick one up immediately (on contract) for similar money (24mnths @ £33 = £792) or £399 pay as you go (though not sure about availability in store, as they're only offering them on contract in store at my local CPW)

D

Deleted member 2457

daveh75 said:
gel said:
gel said:

£770 winning bid! Why so high?

More money than sense? Anyone that desperate could walk into CPW and pick one up immediately (on contract) for similar money (24mnths @ £33 = £792) or £399 pay as you go (though not sure about availability in store, as they're only offering them on contract in store at my local CPW)

I reckon. Cheers for the info.

D

Deleted member 2457

I managed to have a play with the Nexus 4 in the O2 shop today, Blimey it is massive! Didn't realise it was so big! Couldn't work out how to use it, ended up taking a photo of myself! Lol.
smiley-laughing.gif
Oops! Quickly got out the shop then!
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts