LG 50PZ950T Has anyone seen one in action?

bryster

Aug 9, 2008
Visit site
Have been looking for a new display for a while now and thought I'd settled on the LG 50PX990. However the 50 PZ950T has just been released and they are around the same price. Has anyone seen the PZ in action? Is it worth the extra money?

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I've asked in Richer Sounds, Curry's and Debenhams, and also asked in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Birmingham. Every shop CAN get it, but none has an LG50PZ950T ACTUALLY on display! I have seem the Pansonic 50GT30 though, which is the same price (in Richer Sounds) as the LG, and the Panasonic GT30 is VERY good.

A

Anonymous

Hi all, i'am also interested in the LG60PZ950T cannot find any reviews on this tv, apparently its thx certified, somebody please help.:wall:

A

Anonymous

:pray: :pray: :pray: Hi all, i'am also interested in the LG60PZ950T cannot find any reviews on this tv, apparently its thx certified, somebody please help.:wall::wall: :wall:

bryster

Aug 9, 2008
Visit site
Well as I am now the proud owner of this unit i think I can answer my own question.

For anyone interested this set is fantastic. Wonderful colours, greyscale and motion performance coupled with THX certification and ISF calibration meant this set had everything the Panasonic range had but without the price tag. However I do have to admit that one thing it also lacks compared to its Panasonic rival is the deepest of deep blacks. This is not to say they are not good, but they are nowhere near the levels of the Panasonic.

Personally for me it does not cause an issue and if I put that against some of the negative comments I've seen against this years Panasonics and peeling Samsungs, the LG is in my opinion a good choice. For those that are more technically daring than myself and with some tinkering(which is outlined in another forum) Panasonic blacks can be achieved.

Ghosting/Image retention was an issue when I first started to use the set but now after 300+hrs its not an issue at all. The latest firmware seems to have illiminated it all together(although that may be my mind/eyes playing tricks on me)

I can't really comment on 3D performance as I have only watched one film, with 3D mastering which was done post production and therefore wasnt the best example.

As I have said before for the money (£938 for the 50"-which is a steal as it started out at £1600)I dont think I have any complaints about this set.

If anyone has questions or calibration issues let me know and I'll try and point you in the right direction

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello bryster, congratulations on your purchase of the LG50PZ950T! I'm so glad that you like it. Could I point you to my reply in the forum topic "Best Big Plasma for my Surround Sound", comparing the 60-inch version with Panasonic and Samsung plasmas. However, I had looked at Amazon user reviews of the 60-inch version, and most folk definitely liked it, but those few that didn't like it mentioned that the blacks levels were relatively poor. However, Home Cinema Choice magazine (I hope I'm allowed to mention another magazine in this forum please, Moderator, I don't wish to offend) quite liked your 50-inch version in its July 2011 issue, saying "Black levels are suitably subterranean ....". Also, a CNET review of the 50-inch version on 17th August 2011 said "... fast and fluid motion handling, as well as extremely deep black levels". So these two more formal magazine reviews both liked the black levels, but that hasn't been quite your experience so far. However, I hope to return to this topic before Christmas ....

bryster

Aug 9, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the reply SJ, as I mentioned the black levels are more than adequete for me. I only mention them as some people seem to get very emotive about the black levels of there display (I suppose you cant make everyone happy)

For the money I can't say I've seen anything better

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts