Lg 47lw650 orPanasonic gt30

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi to everyone,

i just need a little advice on my next tv purchase & after a lot of research ive narrowed it down to Lg 47lw650 orPanasonic gt30.I have viewed both sets & each has a lot going for it but if i'm totally honest i would love in an ideal world to have the best from both sets combined in one but thats not going to happen anytime soon.

Panasonic gt30

Pro's for me Cons

1.A more natural picture . 1.Poor 3d projection.(everything seems held inside the set & not into the room)

2.Motion is handled slightly better. 2. 3d picture is quite dull.

3.Full 1080 in 3d. 3.Flicker & eye strain.

4.Hd/S/d picture is excellent

5.Picture seemed more solid.

Lg650

Pro's Cons

1.3d effect was excellent . 1.Motion wasnt as good as it should be.

2.Colours were more vivd. 2.No full hd in 3d mode.

3.Far easier on the eyes. 3.Sound was a little thin but arnt most flat panels.

4.Glasses were far more comfortable.

5.Detail in picture is superb

6.No crosstalk/no flicker.

I watch a lot of tv from movies to sport & mostly it'l be sd/hd ,but i would like the option of watching 3d in as good a quality as i can.I have never dealt with Lg before & always saw them as a cheap brand although as far as i can see they seem to have upped the ante a lot with the 650t.Iwould be grateful for any advice & am open enough to go view other sets.My budget is around £2000 & i would prefer a set between 46" & 50" due to my viewing distance.

Many thanks for any help

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Well the pro's and cons are something for you to weigh up as they come down to your viewing habits and personal taste.

All i can say is i'm very happy with my 42GT30 and am extremely pleased i opted for this tv over the numerous other options i auditioned, i find the image more natural and less shouty than the LCD and LED tvs i looked at but i can offer you an alternative to look at that came very close to getting my money. The Samsung UE46D7000 and 8000 models you should audition as they are at your price level, out of the two the 7000 would get my cash as the 8000 represents little gain for the extra cash.

I looked at the 40inch models of both these tvs and ended up auditioning both and to be honest from a picture point of view i couldn't tell them apart it seemed more about styling than anything else and the reviews for the 7000 have been very good icluding a glowing review from WHF.

Personally i would still go for the GT30 but i've not seen the LG tv you mention so perhaps that would sway me if i saw it in action, i don't know. Try to look at reviews for all of them but the best way to judge is with your own eyes and make your mind up judged on what your priorities are.

A

Anonymous

I've got a 50" GT30 and am very happy with it - Not tried 3D yet and panel is still being 'run in', but so far Blue Ray and SD DVD excellent and HD Sky bery good with the exception football coverage which can be blured by fast motion.

Is your budget of £2k for display only? I got mine for £1,350 (inc 5yr garantee and 2 pairs of glasses) from Sevenaoks Sound. For £2k you should step up another level and get the VT30. I would of if I had the cash!

A

Anonymous

As mentioned early it's all down to personal preference, but after I tested these sets Inc. Those you mentioned the GT30 had the best picture detail, best black levels, no motion problems and no cross talk, in fact the Panasonic had considerably less cross talk than all full/ partial 3D LED TV sets I tested. For me it's a no brainer, the Panasonic.

A

Anonymous

I think lot of posters here dont realize teh problems of a family of 4 or 5 sotting together watching 3d movie.

first you have to buy extra glasses and then keep them charged. i can imagine atleast one of the four or five running out of charge

during a movie. gues then what will happen among the children? and also keeping them safe in a house with children.

i was going through the same dilema but then i decided for a passive set for living room and gt30 for bedroom. now the question is which passive 3d. toshiba is offering 47vl863b which is same as 650t but i have heard that gaming lag is much better.

A

Anonymous

I have a 6yr old son, a 2yr old daughter, we have watched plenty of 3d movies with 4 active sets of glasses and my son and I have watched plenty of 3D footie, so I do understand the practicalities. With my GT30 and the 50C6900 I owned previously I have never had an issue with charging, the 3D glasses are kept boxed in a draw and the children know not to touch them, also when they do watch something they are aware completely what movement etc. Is acceptable/allowed. For me the trade of in overall quality is not acceptable, I would rather have no 3D at all.

A

Anonymous

Thanks to you all for your advice on which tv to purchase.Think i'll wait till i can view the panasonic vt30 before i make a decision.The problem i have in my area is the electrical companies are not very accomodating in allowing you to try the sets out & tinker with settings.Lag for games is of no interest to me as i have a games & cinema room already set up elsewhere.The new set i want is for the living room & as i dont have young kids i just want a very good set with excellent sd/hd pictures & it would be a bonus with good 3d.If the pana gt30 didnt seem so dull with 3d i wouldnt hesitate but maybe the vt30 is a little better so i'll try audition one.It just shows how peoples taste differ having read a lot on the tv's i am interested in.Some are very harsh about both my choices but i suppose we'll never get perfection in a tv although the money ya pay you should.Again thanks for your help it was much appreciated.:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts