LG 42LH5000 or Sony 40V or W5500?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello,

I've been looking for a new tv for a while now to replace my creaking Sony 32lcd and was looking at a new Sony 40v or w 5500 as i have been happy with old set but after reading the threads on the forum regarding clouding/backlight problems i've been looking for an alternative as i'm not prepared to pay full retail price for a Sony set just to get an agreement to be able to take it back...so i was just wondering if anyone has bought/seen the LG set and how does it compare to the two Sony sets? I've seen some reviews saying the black levels are not that great on the LG set but think they were when the set was full price, at £750 is that really an issue?

Any help would be much appreciated, many thanks.

A

Anonymous

why not check out the samsung b650 ? equally as good as the sonys , better than the lg..

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Thanks maxflinn! Off to check it out....report back soon
emotion-2.gif

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
So the Samsung B650 40" seems a real alternative...anyone know anything about this set? The 32" is reviewed on What Hi-Fi and got a 5 star rating but does the 40" match up?.....you just can't trust those other forums in my experience!

A

Anonymous

id check out the sony 40we5 too , whfi reviewed the 46 inch version and they loved it , very positive review , and no backlight issues , however the question is , if you buy one would you be sure your one would have no backlight problems ??

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Now there's a question...! If it wasn't for the issues with clouding/bleeding thats the set i would have got although the 40" version, i've come to the conclusion that it's too much of a risk to take at £750 however much i want one
emotion-9.gif

TRENDING THREADS