Lenco L78: Call me crazy

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations on finding a very cost effective upgrade. And one that you could upgrade even further with different arms, cartridges and modifications, should you ever wish to do so. I like Lencos a lot.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
You're not crazy. Lenco GL75/78 are a fine pair of idler-drive turntables compromised only by their plasticky arm.

EDIT great blog too, well done.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
You're not crazy. Lenco GL75/78 are a fine pair of idler-drive turntables compromised only by their plasticky arm.

Just realised that sounded a bit harsh and lacked a proper explanation. To be specific, their main weakness are the V-blocks that the arm-tube pivots on vertically. They wear with use allowing the arm to twist. Finding new V-blocks is impossible (or at least it was when I tried 25+ years ago) but with a bit of care it's possible to make inserts to restore their operation. Should you need to know how for future reference, there's a great how-too guide here.

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Thanks MajorFubar, MrReaper...

No.. you are right... the arms is a bit plasticky... and light... too light for my shaky hands...

But thats just proof there is no perfect TT.... but I am just astonished by the SQ of a 40 years old TT....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts