Leema Xone

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Looking for an floorstander that's unfussy or reasonably tolerant of poor positioning. As I've posted before, my MA RS6 really aren't happy crammed into a six foot alcove so I've got to look at changing them. I'm currently playing with a Pulse III amp that seems like a keeper so the Xone's are a natural consideration. Anyone running them who can tell me how tolerant they are on confined spaces?

Any other suggestions must be available in Oak & I really don't want small boxes perched on scaffold poles so stand mounts are out! ;)

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I've got some ... but still in the box(!) and I also have the Pulse II amp to partner them with. To be honest I bought them unheard but took a flyer based on the saving compared to their original RRP and some reviews I read. I originally wanted some Amphions but they were a crazy price. If you look on flea bay and you will find some new ones in black (unfortunately not oak) at a very good price ... same price I got mine at. Bargain if you ask me. The standard of construction is very high and they are dinky as floorstanders go. Mine are in your face gloss white to suit a modern apartment decor.

Crocodile said:
Looking for an floorstander that's unfussy or reasonably tolerant of poor positioning. As I've posted before, my MA RS6 really aren't happy crammed into a six foot alcove so I've got to look at changing them. I'm currently playing with a Pulse III amp that seems like a keeper so the Xone's are a natural consideration. Anyone running them who can tell me how tolerant they are on confined spaces?

Any other suggestions must be available in Oak & I really don't want small boxes perched on scaffold poles so stand mounts are out! ;)

Totem Arro. Fits all your criteria. If you value listening to music as oppose to analysing, Arro is a great match with Leema.

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
tino said:
I've got some...
Let me know how they sound OUT of the box. :)

plastic penguin said:
Totem Arro. Fits all your criteria. If you value listening to music as oppose to analysing, Arro is a great match with Leema.
Did you have the Arros at home? If so, how were they with positioning?

Edit - Just checked Totem's web site & there's no oak finish.

vonchief

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
I have the xone speakers.Bought them without a demo but have not looked back.

I do use a Rel sub to underpin the bass,set at a low crossover so not adding bass but just making the sound go much deeper.

My room is approx 3.5mx 3.5m, speakers in a bay window.No issues at all.

Best speakers I have owned and no longer feel the need to upgrade.(must remember I said that)

A

Anonymous

Had the Xones for a few months now and love em!

See my review here:

http://www.whathifi.com/review/leema-xone/user-reviews

jules.

A

Anonymous

Mine are positioned in alcoves either side of the fireplace about 50cm from the back wall and 25cm from the sides of the alcoves. My old Dynaudio 52se used to boom in this position and needed fully bunging. The Xones work fine without bungs and have no peaks in their bass frequency response.

Also whe I auditioned them in the shop they were about 15cm from the back wall and worked absolutly fine too.

I'd say you'll be OK and then you always have the bungs for fine tuning too.

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Crocodile said:
Thanks Jules, I'll have to see If I can get myself a demo. :)
Silly me thinking I could get a demo of a product.

Does anyone know what the current situation is with the Xone? Dead product? No stock apart from SSAV Brighton?

Although quite why I'm pursuing this when Leema have again ignored my e-mail (that's four out of five now) I'm not entirely sure. And their site is still full of holes as it has been for months. Perhaps they're just too busy to worry about inconveniences like customers... :shame:

Crocodile said:
Crocodile said:
Thanks Jules, I'll have to see If I can get myself a demo. :)
Silly me thinking I could get a demo of a product.

Does anyone know what the current situation is with the Xone? Dead product? No stock apart from SSAV Brighton?

Although quite why I'm pursuing this when Leema have again ignored my e-mail (that's four out of five now) I'm not entirely sure. And their site is still full of holes as it has been for months. Perhaps they're just too busy to worry about inconveniences like customers... :shame:

Try phoning instead: http://www.hifi-products.com/Leema,Acoustics/manufacturer,7BE00725A621F6EE.html

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
Apparently, Oak has been discontinued for 2 years, although gloss white, gloss black and zebrano are available :)
Thanks David.

http://www.leema-acoustics.com/shop/component/loudspeakers/xone :wall:

When a web site is as poor as theirs, I wonder why they bother?

Looks like Ebay then...

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
We've only just started dealing with them, but they promise us excellent back up service - so we'll see. They are a very small company, and seem to be run by people who know what they're doing, so maybe it's just a case of being very busy at the moment launching the Elements range. Also, I wouldn't usually rely on emails getting through! It's seems most spam filters are inconsistently selective in what they weed out... :)
I've been in touch with the rep many times over the past few days via text, and he's always pretty quick to reply, and has been very helpful so far - but again, texts can't be trusted either - I received a text from him at about midnight last night which I found out was sent about 6/7 hours earlier!

FrankHarveyHiFi said:
We've only just started dealing with them, but they promise us excellent back up service - so we'll see. They are a very small company, and seem to be run by people who know what they're doing, so maybe it's just a case of being very busy at the moment launching the Elements range. Also, I wouldn't usually rely on emails getting through! It's seems most spam filters are inconsistently selective in what they weed out... :) I've been in touch with the rep many times over the past few days via text, and he's always pretty quick to reply, and has been very helpful so far - but again, texts can't be trusted either - I received a text from him at about midnight last night which I found out was sent about 6/7 hours earlier!

Stocking quality gear at last?...:D ;)

I had dealings with them when my amp had a fault and they were very 'on the ball'. Paid for carrige charge and repair. IMO nothing but positive feedback.

I did give the OP a link to their telephone number, my preferred method, and it yielded instant results.

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi said:
plastic penguin said:
Stocking quality gear at last?...:D ;)
We thought we'd keep taking on brands until someone said we had a good one. We knew we'd get there in the end :grin:
Will Leema be on demo david ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts