leema xero

A

Anonymous

Very good speakers indeed, well I would say that as I have a pair. To be honest they sound fab so buy with confidence. £399 delivered mine were.

A

Anonymous

would they be better than the the neat motive 3s though?

A

Anonymous

Only you could determine that through auditioning both. Worth the train fare, I'd think.

A

Anonymous

the reviews iv read say that they lack a bit on the low end would you agree with that or not ,im not looking for a speaker that rattles the house but i like it to be in proportion with the rest

A

Anonymous

You should never buy speakers without auditioning.

That's one of the golden rules. The second is don't put your faith in reviews. Your ears could tell you something completely different.

A

Anonymous

i may go and have a listen at the weekend there big brothers are going for £850 may have a listen to them aswell

A

Anonymous

am i right in thinking the leema xone where over £2000 when released if so £850 is hell of a reduction

T

the record spot

More or less I think; somewhere around £1800+, but see also the Epos M16i down to £599 from the £1100 they were (Superfi). Good deal. Both speakers would be worth shortlisting. Incidentally, the "bass light" thing will of course be influenced to some degree by the partnering electronics and the sonic trait/character of those as well as the speaker itself.

A

Anonymous

An audition is key but you'll never know until you try them in your house. My Spendor SA1s produce loads of bass as far as I'm concerned, possibly due to room interaction and lack of control by the amp, but they're not wanting in that department.

Having said all that, if you're open minded, willing to experiment with electronics over time and open to having a second room system(!) then at that price they'd be a nice addition to any hifi hobbyist's collection! If my other half wouldn't lynch me, I'd probably have a pair for the bedroom
emotion-1.gif

igglebert:An audition is key but you'll never know until you try them in your house. My Spendor SA1s produce loads of bass as far as I'm concerned, possibly due to room interaction and lack of control by the amp, but they're not wanting in that department. Having said all that, if you're open minded, willing to experiment with electronics over time and open to having a second room system(!) then at that price they'd be a nice addition to any hifi hobbyist's collection! If my other half wouldn't lynch me, I'd probably have a pair for the bedroom
emotion-1.gif

Yup, SA-1 sound great with the Leema and Arcam CDP. Although, the Leema speakers should sound fine with that combo, as did my old RS6s.

A

Anonymous

Its always nice having a second system, as then you can walk downstairs and hear good music as well.............!

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I can buy a new pair of these speakers for a very good price. But has the Marantz PM6003 enough power to drive these properly ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts