Leema Xero a good match for Creek Evolution Amp?

albireo

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm a new member and first of all I'd like to say hi! :wave:

My first question to the knowledgeable people on this forum: I am considering the purchase of a small pair of bookshelf speakers to use in my bedroom (roughly 10x16 feet).

I was wondering if anybody owns/has listened to the above mentioned combination of speakers and amplfier and would like to comment on the synergy or lack of it.

Thank you very much!

Hi albirio, welcome to the forum.

An interesting combination and I am curious as to why you chose it.

I know in the UK the Xero's can be had for £495 and the Creek Evolution is now available in Mark 2 guise.

The Evolution is a very good amplifier and would get the best out of whatever speaker you connected to it, including the Xeros.

I have not heard this combination and only you can tell whether you would like it or not.

Can you audition this combination or would you be buying from seperate sources?

I am sure more knowledgeable members will soon be replying to your post with suggestions for alternative speakers but I would urge you to listen to as many as you can within your budget before parting with hard cash!

josh05

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Wouldnt hurt too let everyone know what the source is either e.g. CD player model, PC, turntable etc
smiley-smile.gif

albireo

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi, thank you for your replies. I should have mentioned I already own the Creek Evolution. I actually love it and I wonder why it is not more commonly discussed. I also have a pair of good speakers - Monitor Audio GS10. These are a good match for the Creek, however I will be on the move soon and the GS10 are very big and heavy. I'm currently looking for smaller speakers - so that one day I will be able to ship them here and there without spending a fortune.

As for my sources - On the analog side, I have a Rega Planar 3 turntable with Exact cartridge, feeding into a Musical Fidelity V-LPS phono stage. On the digital side, I use lossless FLAC files stored on an external HD, a netbook running an application called Foobar2000 (with a plug in called wasapi for bit-perfect streaming) feeding into a HRT Music Streamer II+ Asynchronous USB DAC and then into the Creek.

Thanks a lot.

SSM

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I had the first Creek EVO amp driving a pair of AVI Neutron IV which are similar to the Xero in driver size, sensitivity and design purpose. The EVO drove the AVI without any problems. It's quite a powerful integrated and I reckon it will have no problem matching with the Xero as it has no weakness in its treble or midrange. When it comes to bass, the EVO can be a little reticient on the deepest notes compared to my MF X-T100 as I discovered when I had Dali Ikon floorstanders. But you won't hear that with a quality small standmount! You may have a quality match-up there. :)

cheerSS

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Another option would be to match your Creek Evo with one of the Epos standmounts, the new Epic 1 & 2 range or the older M5i & M12i models.

Well worth a look as Creek are the sister company of Epos and make a great match. The older M5i and M12i models look terrific and can be had for a good price these days as they make way for the newer Epic range.

DIB said:
Another option would be to match your Creek Evo with one of the Epos standmounts, the new Epic 1 & 2 range or the older M5i & M12i models.

Well worth a look as Creek are the sister company of Epos and make a great match. The older M5i and M12i models look terrific and can be had for a good price these days as they make way for the newer Epic range.

I agree OP should look at either Epic 1 or M5i.

You will note however that he already has MA GS10s which he considers too big. That rather negates the M12i or Epic 2's which are as big or bigger.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts