I'm seriously thinking about buying one. They come quite often on auction sites.

The reason is logical in my squiffy head: Hardly use the Cambridge DacMagic, the Pulse is getting old even though it sounds the biz, Bluetooth is becoming the order, as I recently purchased a Bluetooth module for the car. And the extra power will be good for the Dalis.

The only snag is the Quasar lacks a phono stage, but hopefully a cheapish external stage should be fine.

Reactions: Al ears
Hi PP. It seems a perfectly sensible move to me - practical as well as building on the Leema sound you like. You can buy a MoFi, Project or Rega phono stage that will do a perfectly good job. I do have an i-Fi Phono, but the stage in the SA10 is considerably better so I'm using that.
Hi Matthew

From some of the reviews I read, Bluetooth is amazing on the Quasar. Overall they gave it full marks. The only downside is it's not as ergonomic as some other brands.

Certainly looking more into it before deciding.

This is from Audiophileman.

"SOUND QUALITY
I began with Bluetooth and pushed a bit of Marvin Gaye, residing in a lossy stream file, at the Leema via my iPhone 8. I paired the Leema to the phone via my phone’s Settings and then moved to the easy to use Leema app, MConnect Control, to do the actual playing of the music.

"In a word? Incredible! I was stunned. Completely…totally stunned. I am so used – fed up? bored? – with streaming music from my iPhone to a hi-fi unit. Why? Because I’m usually presented with a flat, lifeless, cardboard representation of the music being played. And I’m talking about some pretty high end bits of kit here, not just budget fare. The streamed file I played here was a 16bit AAC and I normally hear it as a bright, uncultured, mess brimming with midrange edge, treble tizz, lacking in detail and maturity with zero soundstage organisation and…zzzzz. You see? Normally, not very exciting.

"The Leema? My god, the Leema treated the AAC like…like…hi-fi (gulp). I’ve heard fully fledged CD players sound worse than the Quasar’s Bluetooth streamer. Streamers are not supposed to sound this good. Especially as part of a £3k all-in-one system.

"Put it this way, the soundstage was wide, Cinemascope wide. InstrumentPut it this way, the soundstage was wide, Cinemascope wide. Instruments were spread logically. Rhythm guitar on the left, sax left of centre, orchestra in the rear (yes there was a 3D depth here too), vocal centre, backing vocal right of centre, piano on the far right. Normally, Bluetooth streams say to the listener, “‘Ere, grab this. You sort it out, I’m off.”

"then moved to a the analogue ports and hooked up a turntable and played Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon plus Miles Davis In Berlin. Again, there was that thinning of the harmonics that I mentioned to give the music a lean yet fast moving and slightly solid state-esque element to the music. Just a tad, though. Nothing bad, its a style thing I suppose. Vinyl play remained extremely clean in nature with a sense of transparency.

"Nothing bad, its a style thing I suppose. Vinyl play remained extremely clean in nature with a sense of transparency in the mids that added the fresh aspect of the playback. Hence, bass was bouncy with a springy impact, brass was open and swift in nature, vocals were unsullied and freshly laundered which added to the diction of the performance, making lyrics easy to follow. Again, the low noise nature of the Leema helped".

podknocker

I have the upgrade devil on my shoulder again. Leema Quasar and Monitor Audio Studio 89 on stands is making me consider selling a few things and upgrading again. A large outlay at £5600 and I would need to listen for a while before buying. If anyone builds this system, I would like an in depth assessment please!

I have the upgrade devil on my shoulder again. Leema Quasar and Monitor Audio Studio 89 on stands is making me consider selling a few things and upgrading again. A large outlay at £5600 and I would need to listen for a while before buying. If anyone builds this system, I would like an in depth assessment please!
Like the look of those MA's, my floorstanders have a similar driver layout, would certainly need an audition

TRENDING THREADS