Leema LInx 1 - Do Interconnects need a break in period ???

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hiya all,

Just recieved few days ago my long-waited brand new Leema Linx 1 Interconnect. I couldn`t wait to plug it in ...Ok , here are my thoughts : the bass is clearly better , but the mid and high range is the same as with the freebe I was using so far...

I think that it will improve on that matter with the time ( probably 70-100 hours or so... ) Or , not ???

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts. Has anyone experienced the same with his i-connects ? Do they need a break-in period ?

Thanks

BTW, if someone is interested in the look of the cable ( no picture on Leema`s web-site yet ) , here it is :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76706709@N08/sets/72157629490752320/

Cheers :)

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hiya PP,

Well they just started with the cables actually, and it is Chord Company that are producing the cables, designed especcially for Leema . They do them in 3 levels : Linx 1, Linx 2 and Linx 3 . You pay £ 135 ; £ 235 ; and £ 435 respectively for a couple of 1 m. They also do them in 0.4 m length which is a bit cheaper with the 1 and 2, and a lot cheaper with the 3 ...There are Linx 1,2 and 3 speaker cables too ....

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
100 hours is fine ... What should I expect after that ? What are the benefits of the break-in period with the cables ? Is the sound going clearer or smoother ... Just interesting to know if some of you has experienced any audible changes after a break in period with interconnects ..Txs

atanakata said:
Hiya PP,

Well they just started with the cables actually, and it is Chord Company that are producing the cables, designed especcially for Leema . They do them in 3 levels : Linx 1, Linx 2 and Linx 3 . You pay £ 135 ; £ 235 ; and £ 435 respectively for a couple of 1 m. They also do them in 0.4 m length which is a bit cheaper with the 1 and 2, and a lot cheaper with the 3 ...There are Linx 1,2 and 3 speaker cables too ....

Those prices seem pretty hefty. When all is said and done, think I may stick with the Merlin Chopins. ;)

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Not sure if I'm lucky or not, but I count myself as being able to hear the audible differences that different I/Cs can produce; ultimately settling on those listed in my sig. Having gone through a fair few, the differences, better or worse, were immediate; I've never noticed any difference with the same cables as time went by, but then maybe my ears and brain are not so sensitive as others!

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Well, being designed by Chord C. , the Linx 1 is probably a good alternative to the same priced and very highly regarded Chord Chameleon Silver Plus ,. The Linx 2 and 3 are more expensive I/C`s , but they are designed to go with Leema`s higher range like Tucana, Antila and so on...

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hiya Gusboll,

I don`t know if you should consider yourself lucky or not, but I couldn`t hear a great difference straight away. Will see how it will go on from now on ...

Anyway , txs a lot for your thoughts...It is always useful to know what other fellow-members have to say ... :)

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
What does the manufacturer/retailer, say on the matter?

Are they prepared to take back the product for a full refund if you are not satisfied at the end of the 'burn in' period?

The answers to these question would be largely how I would make a choice on the purchase.

idc

I take the view that since there are only conflicting subjective reports of cable burn in and no science to back up claims of burn in, any sense of burn in is in the mind of the listener.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
+1 idc unless a cable changes after a signal has passed through it I cannot think a cable could improve unlike speakers or electronics mind you I have been wrong in the past:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts