Leave rDAC on 24/7??

starkiller

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Just got a rDAC the other day and having an issue. Have all my gear controlled by one switch..flip--on--flip--off :) However, after doing this at the end of the day, the next day when i go to listen the rDAC, even though the front green light is on, will not pass music until i power it off and on using the switch on the back of it. Is this normal? If so, it must be ok then to leave it on 24/7 and figure out a way to run a seperate power cable to it then?

thanks for the help!

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Don't have one but it seems to me the rDac wants to be turned off by its own switch and on also. Likely some logic inside linked to the switch that doesn't do it's thing when the power is just chopped and applied again.

Strictly Stereo

Jan 29, 2018
Visit site
starkiller said:
Just got a rDAC the other day and having an issue. Have all my gear controlled by one switch..flip--on--flip--off :) However, after doing this at the end of the day, the next day when i go to listen the rDAC, even though the front green light is on, will not pass music until i power it off and on using the switch on the back of it. Is this normal? If so, it must be ok then to leave it on 24/7 and figure out a way to run a seperate power cable to it then?

thanks for the help!

Which input is active when it is powered off/on? This is not uncommon with USB, which can sometimes be fussy about the order in which things are powered on. I have yet to come across this with S/PDIF inputs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts