Learn how to listen with Dr Dibb

paradiziac

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Ah, nice to know my system is [edited by Mods].

So I'd better forget sound connoissership and stick to enjoying music.

Cheers for the insight!

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
A good simple guide, but I thought it was only me that listened like this
smiley-smile.gif

I find it almost impossible do do anything else when listening to music I become totally immersed without even realising that I am .

My eyes close and I fall into a kind of meditative state where all that I am aware of is the music , the only way to describe it is a sort of hypnotic effect that takes me over !

It's a wonderful feeling though and probably one of the reasons I am so addicted to music , the music becomes the main part of my conciousness and gives me a wonderful feeling of well being .

It happens to me when listening to live music too which can be a little embarrassing sometimes !

Does anyone else have a similar experience to this or is it just me ? :oops:

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Music can definitely improve your mood, on the odd occasion I am feeling a little down, I can always rely on dance music to pick me up......My feet start to tap.....before long I am up and dancing. Have you ever tried being miserable when dancing.....its impossible. Works every time.

With around 20% of the population on anti-depressants this could save the govt a small fortune :)

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Peggy Lee brings back some nostalgia.

Not heard her for probably 30-years and will try this one out at the weekend if my local HMV have it in stock, and if what is opined is true seems an excellent test.

SteveR750

Failed to find 2 of the tracks on spotify - that particular recording of Wallflower Waltz, and the listing for La Traviata is hardly short.....

I'm almost empted to work out what strings Lofgren is using

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts