Leak Stereo 130

Georges7

Jan 5, 2021
Visit site
Have recently bought a Leak Stereo 130. On the whole a good amplifier that offers good control over my Q Acoustics 3050i speakers. I do not fully understand why but specifically when a PC is connected to the USB B input, the sound is a bit too lean to my taste. I inserted an ifi Zen DAC, with its noise free power adapter, in between the PC and the amp and the result is extraordinary: full bodied sound and no loss of detail. MQA on top!

Last edited:
Reactions: Friesiansam
D

Deleted member 116933

Wecome! sound like a nice setup

Basically, the DAC in the leak just isn't as well implemented as the standalone. It's not just ones and zeros
once converted the analogue waveform has to be treated nicely and it's a noisy old place in an amplifier
and can be hard to do. At that price, I'd prefer they put the extra budget into amp a little more rather than half baked DAC section. But I know why its there

Georges7

Jan 5, 2021
Visit site
Presumably when you connect a PC it is the DAC / soundcard in the PC that is influencing thimgs

PC DAC is supposed to be bypassed, I do not know about the influence of the soundcard. For your information I have Audirvana on my PC to stabilise the digital signal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts