leads for multi channel out and component out of my sony bdp s760

kevin7.1

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
would like some advice please i have to use the multi channel and component out to connect the blu ray player to my receiver as my rrceiver does not decode hd codecs and i have no spare hdmi sockets and do not want to use a switch. i need 3 meter lengths of cable and so to keep cost down i have fisual install series cable at the top of my list. I was just wondering if anybody could advise if there are any cables they think are just as good or better. for a cheaper price as i see no sense in spending loads on cables that i will not need after an upgrade to my receiver.

All views greatly apreciated

Thanks

Kev

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Why are you bothering with component? Can't you just send the HDMI from the BDP straight to the TV? That's what I do with my 760 and non-HDMI amp, I just bought 3 sets of cheap(ish) phono leads from Richer Sounds, can't remember what they're called, it's the white ones, I think I paid between 30 and 40 quid for the three pairs. They're not 3m long though...

scene

I've got a BDP-S760 and I connect it directly to my pioneer by HDMI for picture, and with three (four?) pairs of chord crimsons I got from eBay, about £20-25 each connecting it to my venerable AVR250. They're 1m long, IIRC.

I only went with the chords as I decided I could re-use them elsewhere when I upgraded my amp, or I could put them back on eBay.

If you're planning to upgrade your amp in the next year or two, I'd go with a cheapish set of 3-4 pairs of audio interconnects. (The white richer sounds ones are Cambridge Audio AUD100s IIRC - but I'm not sure they do 3m ones either).

3m cables are probably going to push the price up to £20 per pair of interconnects.

kevin7.1

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your replys. sorry i left the thread i got called out to work and was up all night.

First off yeah i know the title drags on a bit. i was rushing and it just came out so i left it lol, fixed now i think.

I would love to get a new amp but i have just a baby so i cannot really afford that option. babys room is the room which formerly contained the pc so that is now taking up the last hdmi on my tv. so component it will have to be. thanks for your suggestions the richer sounds would have been too much. the kennable leads look a little bit to cheap. so i dont think fisual have any competition...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts