LCD/Plasma

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Guys, i am from Portugal, so if my english fails....... be patient....

I have a few doughts about LCD or Plasma, but now i am more convinced that plasma suits best for me. Here in Portugal we don´t have HDTV or digital tv anything like it, we just have the plane and "good" cable or antenna tv, so you can imagine how is watching something like this on a 40 LCD screen....

I´ve read the reviews os the 37PX70 from Panasonic, and i think this will be my anwer. I have 2.70mts from the viewing position, and i already tested a 40, and it´s too big..... so my query is?

This Panasonics acepts 1080p, from BR or uspcaled DVD, and remasters to pixel count of the screen right?

it will not downscale to 720p but "adapt" the signal to the 1024x720...... because to make an full hd the screen resolution should be 1920x1080....

Can you see visible diference in a 37 set, from a full HD model, to a HD ready model fed by an Blueray for instance?

Do you think i will make a good purchase???? or do you think going to 37 LZD70 from Panna in LCD?

Thanks in advance

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I think the 37PX70 would be perfect for your viewing distance, and a better bet in terms of price/performance than the LCD Panasonic.

On a 37in set (and even a 42in) the difference between HD Ready and Full HD is not noticeable - there is far more difference between a good plasma like the PX70 than poorer rivals, even those that are Full HD.

And yes, the PX70 will take a native 1080p signal from Blu-ray/HD DVD and scale it down to suit its resolution. It also supports 24fps for smoother motion. It looks superb being fed this HD material, as well as with normal TV - in fact the Panasonic tuner is one of the best we have tested for ordinary TV.

A

Anonymous

I bought this one at the weekend and it's so much better than I thought it would be. Even with the built in tuner the picture is almost as good as my old CRT TV and DVD's and Xbox look amazing. Similar LCD's look good but aren't quite there just yet. All of this for just £700!

Ahh, boys and their toys.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
The story for LCD in my opionion, always playing catch up on Plasma and every time they think they are close Plasma goes even further ahead.
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

I am thinking of getting this TV, can you tell me were you got it from for £700. Thanks

A

Anonymous

Over the past week or two I've started looking for decent 37" or 40" to buy before christmas. I've been looking through a lot of the LCD's and looked long and hard at the Samsung's, e.g. R87, M87.

But I need the TV primarily for watching Freeview and DVD's , probably upscaling if it is worth it?

After walking in the shops this weekend I really thought the Plasma's looked very good. And now I read the comment from Clare saying that the Panasonic 37PX70 has a great Freeview tuner, so this is beginning to look like a great option, since I also have about 2.7m - 3m viewing distance and I dont hear any good news from the Freeview tuners in the Samsungs.

How does the 37PX70 handle PC input, is the 1024x720 decent enough?

Thanks for the help on this and good comments
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="chezzy1955"]
I am thinking of getting this TV, can you tell me were you got it from for £700. Thanks
[/quote]

Me too!

A

Anonymous

Hi newbie here but hope this may help a few, i have just bought this tv direct from a local panny shop for £900 but this includes 5 years warranty, delivery and great advice (have got to wait 2 weeks though.) When you break the costs down at other web sites £699.00 for the telly and then a pedestal stand for £90.00 thats nearly £800, i don`t think i have had a bad deal??

Mark

A

Anonymous

Please help me out with these questions on the Panasonic TH37PX70:

1. Is TX37PX70 the code for the matching cabinet stand ?

2. Are all TH37PX70 models compatible with the cabinet stand, i.e. can you put all of them on the cabinet ?

3. If the answer to Q2 is No, is the only Matching TV and Cabinet the TH37PX70CAB ?

Appreciate any help!

P.S. Any recommended dealers with decent warranties above 1 year (apart from John Lewis). My girlfriend insists we need to get a warranty ... is this absolutely necessary ... any reliability issues I dont know of?

TRENDING THREADS