Latest Issue page

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,
Have noticed a few problems with the Latest Issue page on the site.....

Clicking on the Latest Issue link takes you to the September issue as expected.
However, at the bottom of this page there are links to back issues, which don't have the correct pictures against them - they are one month out - possibly due to May 2011 being missing. Also, it shows October 2011 as a back issue!
Clicking on any of the back issues takes you to the mag for the month prior to the one you click on (June 2011 goes to May 2011, etc)

There's also a section entitled More Highlights - should these pictures be 'clickable' so that we get an enlarged version? (can't see the point in having them otherwise)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
We're in the process of updating that page for the October issue, which is on sale tomorrow. But thanks for pointing those problems out – I'll pass your comments on to those responsible for updating that page.

A

Anonymous

Hello, I am interested in the Dali Zensor 1, namely this put into a minimalist system (amp+speakers). There is going to be a system builder article including the Dali Zensor 1 (maybe other budget systems as well). Is it going to be published on the 24th of August?

I live in Hungary, is it possible to buy it here or buy it online?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
scottyworld said:
Hi, Have noticed a few problems with the Latest Issue page on the site..... Clicking on the Latest Issue link takes you to the September issue as expected. However, at the bottom of this page there are links to back issues, which don't have the correct pictures against them - they are one month out - possibly due to May 2011 being missing. Also, it shows October 2011 as a back issue! Clicking on any of the back issues takes you to the mag for the month prior to the one you click on (June 2011 goes to May 2011, etc)

Apologies, this is a known bug in the system. In order for the issue date at the top of the page to appear correctly (ie September 2011), I have to select the following month (October) in the CMS, which is why the thumbnails at the bottom of the page appear to be a month out of sync.

Madness, I know, but then anyone who has worked on websites will know that content management systems sometimes have a mind of their own. :wall:

I will be updating the 'Latest Issue' page later today to highlight the October 2011 issue, which goes on sale tomorrow.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
UK readers will also be able to brave the rain to pick up a paper copy at their local shops :)

Hi,

Except my local Tesco doesn't seem to stock it anymore :( Oh well, trip to Stirling to WHSmith then. :)

Anyone know if Tesco Metro stores no longer stock WHS&V magazines?

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

Retne

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Ahh, it appears you can't paste pictures in the comment box. Or rather you can, and you can preview them, but not submit them. Anyway:

---

Ah, I came to report the same thing - I was trying to figure out if tomorrow's issue has a test of the new Philips TVs, and wondered if I could look at the October issue's contents. Your CMS system is as crazy as you suggest though. I presume it's doing some type of join on the contents, when I click on, say, October's contents, I get September's contents three times, with the header pictures for the lead articles repeated as a set for each of those times.

Blimey. Good luck though - I have both written and used CMS systems. Urgh.

If you can it may be worth disabling the insert picture button on this editable area - as we can't actually insert images in posts that way.

I will be braving the digital version for the first time tomorrow... exciting times :) Wish they didn't charge VAT on it though.

R

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Retne said:
If you can it may be worth disabling the insert picture button on this editable area - as we can't actually insert images in posts that way.

You can, and many have – you just have to have the picture hosted elsewhere and link to it using the 'insert picture' 'tree' icon.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
As I said in my earlier post, I will be updating the page later today (CMS permitting!) with the October contents, and we'll have a detailed News story online tomorrow morning with a list of what's in the new issue.

And yes, I know all three pictures repeat themselves - the correct images were there when I last looked, but since then the CMS has 'magically' deleted the correct ones and I've asked our dev team to investigate. :help:

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Cofnchtr said:
Clare Newsome said:
UK readers will also be able to brave the rain to pick up a paper copy at their local shops :)

Hi,

Except my local Tesco doesn't seem to stock it anymore :( Oh well, trip to Stirling to WHSmith then. :)

Anyone know if Tesco Metro stores no longer stock WHS&V magazines?

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

We are stocked in many Tesco Metro stores - but Tescos often makes decisions on what to stock on a store-by-store basis; your store manager is obviously making more money from something else in the same space (and this is how these things are measured - not necessarily other magazines that can be stocked, but more room for other items!)

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

My wife currently works in aforementioned store and nobody there seems to have any useful knowledge regarding the decision to not stock the mag. Then again, they seem to get rid of a lot of popular stock as they often get complaints about 'you used to have it...'.

Not a big problem as we often visit other Tesco/ASDA stores where I can get it.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

Retne

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
Retne said:

You can, and many have – you just have to have the picture hosted elsewhere and link to it using the 'insert picture' 'tree' icon.

You're right. Not only have I seen that, I've done it once before. Memory... not what it once was.

It was the clicking on Browse that confused me - that seems to go to a user area to which I have no permissions.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts