Largeish room - Sony Dav IS10 seems too quiet!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My lounge is around 20 x 13 feet and pretty much rectangular, but has 2 other rooms (dining room and conservatory - about 15 x15 each) that open onto the room, so I need good sound to fill that space. I'd also like to use the cinema for playing CDs and listening to radio in that area too.

I have ordered a Samsung 46 inch screen and now I need a home cinema system. I got excited about the Sony system, but I listened to the Sony DAV IS10 this evening at a store and it seems way too quiet. I was standing right in front of the 5 speakers and the volume had to be at 50 at least to even begin hearing the system. At max volume, it was ok close up, but I'm thinking this won't be enough to fill the lounge. Am I wrong to be concerned?

SO - I need to think again. Any hints on a decent 5.1 setup for good sound and play DVD's. I can spend up to about 800/900. Please help!!!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
With the extra rooms in play, I think the Sony would struggle - there's only so much a £600 system can achieve!

Fortunately there's a system that will suit both your room, budget and TV perfectly - our next Award winner up from the Sony, the Samsung HT-TXQ120. Yes, not as compact as the Sony - but a superb, room-filling solution.

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare - thanks for the reply.

We had looked at the HT-TXQ120 early on, but the speakers are a huge and my wife was keen to find something a bit less "in your face" and preferably wall mountable. It's a room where we watch TV - not a TV room.

If I go the receiver route I could choose some speaks to suit. That would also give me options to expand the system with a PS3 etc. Any thoughts on a combination doing it that way?

Simon

A

Anonymous

when you say the sony dav-is10 in not ok for largeish rooms can you be a tad more specific as to what you quantify as being largeish,as i have one coming very shortly when my television arrives

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts